Google Pixel Fold 7.6″ foldable and 5.8″ outer 120Hz OLED displays water resistant design announced
Google just announced the Pixel Fold, the company’s first foldable smartphone, at the Google I/O, after several rumours and teasers. Powerd by Google Tensor G2 chip, the tablet has a 7.6-inch foldable screen and a small 5.8-inch outer screen, both with OLED panel and 120Hz refresh rate.
The Pixel Fold has a stainless steel hinge that sturdy and can withstand wear and tear like scratches, all while keeping its shine. It has IPX8 rating for water resistance.
When closed, you can use the Taskbar to easily switch between apps or drag a compatible app into split screen mode to multitask with two apps side-by-side. You can also go hands-free with tabletop mode that is useful for apps ike YouTube. The top half plays your video and, with an upcoming app update, it will also get playback controls on the bottom half.
The tablet has a 48MP main camera with OIS, and it can be used as a selfie camera since there is a screen on the front. There is a 10.8MP ultra-wide camera and a 10.8 MP telephoto camera with 5x optical zoom. It brings Real Tone, Night Sight and Portrait photography along with pro-level modes from Pixel 7 Pro, such as 10-bit HDR video.
With Android 14, the Pixel Fold will get Dual Screen interpreter mode powered by Tensor G2 that will let you simultaneously use the inner and outer screens to translate live conversations.
Google Pixel Fold specifications
- 7.6-inch (1840 x 2208 pixels) 6:5 aspect ratio OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 380 PPI, up to 1450 nits peak brightness, Ultra Thin Glass with protective plastic layer
- 5.8-inch (1080 x 2092 pixels) 17.4:9 aspect ratio FHD+ OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 408 PPI, up to 1550 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Google Tensor G2 processor with Titan M2 security chip
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13
- Dual SIM (Single Nano SIM and eSIM)
- 48MP rear camera with 1/2″ sensor f/1.7 aperture, OIS, CLAF, 10.8MP 121.1° Ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 10.8MP telephoto camera with f/3.05 aperture, 5x optical zoom, 20x Super Res zoom, LDAF sensor, 4K video recording
- 9.5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 8MP front camera for inner display with ƒ/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Water-resistant (IPX8)
- Dimensions: 139.7mm x 79.5mm (158.7mm unfolded) x 12.1mm (5.8mm unfolded); Weight: 283g
- 5G SA/NA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4/5 GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS, USB Type C 3.2 gen 2, NFC
- 4821mAh battery with over 24 hours of battery life, up to 72 hours with extreme battery saver, 30W wired charging, wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The Google Pixel Fold comes in Porcelain and Obsidian colours and is priced at $1799 (Rs. 1,47,410 approx.) for the 256GB model and the 512GB model costs $1919 (Rs. 1,57,240 approx.).
It is available to order in the US, Germany, Japan and United Kingdom and will roll out soon. There is a free Pixel Watch for pre-orders.