Google Pixel Tablet 10.95″ WQXGA display charging speaker dock quad speakers announced
Google just announced the Pixel Tablet, the company’s first Pixel tablet in the Pixel series at the Google I/O, a year after it was teased. The tablet has a 10.95-inch WQXGA screen and also has a charging speaker dock that promises enhanced audio. The tablet has quad speakers and a nano ceramic coating.
When the Pixel Tablet is docked, it acts as a hands-free Assistant or a photo frame. It can also control all your smart home devices with the redesigned Google Home app and the new hub mode. The dock has magnets, so it is easy to dock and undock the Pixel tablet, according to Google. The tablet runs Android 13, and will get minimum 5 years of security updates.
Google said that it has optimized 50+ Google apps for tablets, and has worked with third-party apps such as Minecraft, Disney+ and Spotify to optimize them for tablets.
It is powered by Google Tensor G2, and has 8MP front and rear cameras. The front camera has a portrait mode and automatically adjusts the frame in video calling apps like Google Meet. The tablet has a fingerprint sensor on the top built into the power button. This is the first tablet with Chromecast built-in, said the company.
Google Pixel Tablet specifications
- 10.95-inch (2560 x 1600) WQXGA 16:10 aspect ratio, 276 PPI, 500 nits (standard value) brightness, antifouling coating, USI 2.0 touch pen compatible
- Google Tensor G2 processor with Titan M2 security coprocessor
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, 128 GB / 256 GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13
- 8MP 84° rear camera with LED flash, ƒ/2.0 aperture
- 8MP 84° front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, Portrait mode
- Quad speakers, 3 microphones (for calls, recording, Google Assistant)
- Fingerprint sensor
- Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, USB Type-C 3.2 Gen 1, 4-pin accessory connector
- Magnetic dock with pogo pin connection, 43.5 mm full-range speaker
- 27 Wh battery, Up to 12 hours of video streaming, 15W charging via speaker dock (included) or USB-C charger (sold separately)
Pricing and availability
The Google Pixel Tablet comes in Hazel, Porcelain and Rose colours and is priced starting at $499 (Rs. 40,880 approx.) for the 128GB model and the 256GB model costs $599 (Rs. 49,075 approx.).
There are several accessories such as Pixel Tablet Case that protects from scratches and drop and has a built-in polished metal ring stand. There is also a speck StandyShell Case.
The tablet is available to order from today in Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom and United States, and will roll out starting from June 20th.