After last year’s A1 Pro, OPPO has introduced A1 5G, a cheaper model in China. It has a 6.72-inch FHD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, is powered by Snapdragon 695 SoC with up to 12GB of RAM and up to 8GB of virtual RAM.
It runs Android 13 out of the box, with ColorOS 13 on top. The phone has a 50MP rear camera along with a 2MP camera for portraits. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 67W fast charging. The Blue and Black colours have a plastic back, and the Orange model has a leather back.
OPPO A1 5G specifications
- 6.72-inch (2412 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Up to 680 nits peak brightness
- Octa Core Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform (2.2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM, 256GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 13 with ColorOS 13
- Dual SIM
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP mono portrait camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 165.6×76.1×8.20mm (Ocean Blue, Sandstone Black) / 8.25mm (Caberia Orange); Weight: 191g (Ocean Blue, Sandstone Black) / 193g (Caberia Orange)
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (minimum) battery with 67W SuperVOOC fast charging
Pricing and availability
The OPPO A1 5G comes in Ocean Blue, Sandstone Black and Caberia Orange colours and is priced at 1999 yuan (US$ 190 / Rs. 23,840 approx.) for the 12GB + 256GB model, but the website also mentions a 8GB + 256GB model, which should be available soon. It is already on sale in China.