NOKIA G42 5G 90Hz Display Snapdragon 480+ 5000mAh Battery QuickFix Repairability Surfaces
HMD Global is gearing up to launch the NOKIA G42 5G smartphone soon, Now the listing of the phone has surfaced in a listing along with images. This shows triple rear cameras, V-notch, side-mounted fingerprint scanner and more.
First introduced with the Nokia G22, the phone will come with the QuickFix design, allowing ease of self-repairs in partnership with iFixit. It will also come with a warranty period of 3 years, says the listing, but this might vary depending on the market.
NOKIA G42 5G rumoured specifications
- 6.56-inch (720×1612 pixels) HD+ V-notch display with up to 560 nits peak brightness, Croning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 480+ 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 13
- 50MP rear camera with LED flash, 2MP depth and macro sensors with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant (IP52)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 20W fast charging
The NOKIA G42 5G is said to come in Meteor Grey and Lavender colours and is listed for 1999 Danish Krone (USD 293 / Rs. 24,030 approx). It is expected to be introduced soon in several markets, and also launch in the US as Nokia G310 5G.