Instagram get GIF comments Gifts Reels editing in India
Meta has unveiled an array of new features aimed at enhancing users’ Instagram experience in India. A wide range of creators participated in a product education workshop held at Meta’s Mumbai office, where they had the opportunity to preview these upcoming Instagram features.
Previously, Instagram had introduced features such as ads in search results and Reminder Ads earlier this year.
GIF comments on posts and Reels
You can now add a touch of fun and expressiveness to your Instagram interactions by posting GIF comments. Whether you’re enjoying a hilarious reel or want to show appreciation for a friend’s new post, GIF comments allow you to engage in a playful way. This feature is now available worldwide.
Here’s how it works:
- Tap the Comment icon on the post you wish to comment on.
- Locate the GIF icon positioned to the right of the text box to access the GIPHY library.
- Select the desired GIF from the library and add it as your comment.
Instagram Gifts for Creators
This is a new feature that allows fans to buy Stars and use them as virtual gifts for creators on Reels. It helps creators make money from their reels easily. It has been under trial since November 2022. Fans can pick from various themed gifts to show their admiration and gratitude.
Instagram recently introduced a new Reels editor, merging video clips, audio, stickers, and text into a unified editing screen. Building upon this foundation, Instagram is rolling out additional updates globally over the next few weeks, further enhancing the creative possibilities for your reels. These updates include:
- Split: Seamlessly divide a single clip into two separate clips, allowing for more precise editing control.
- Speed: Adjust the speed of your clips to either accelerate or slow down the footage, adding an extra layer of creativity to your reels.
- Replace: Effortlessly swap one clip with another without affecting the timing or sequence of other elements in your reel, such as audio or additional clips.
The aforementioned new features will be gradually rolled out in India within the upcoming weeks.
Speaking at the event, Paras Sharma, Director of Content and Community Partnerships at Facebook India (Meta), said:
People use Instagram to share their stories in fun ways. They do this on Reels and other places like Feed, Stories and DMs. We want to show these different ways to make people more creative. We also want to show some new things that will help them connect with others.