ZTE Axon 40 Ultra with 6.8″ FHD+ 120Hz AMOLED Display Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 Triple 64MP Cameras Under Display Front Camera Announced Globally
ZTE just announced Axon 40 Ultra, the company’s latest flagship smartphone for the global markets, after it was announced in China last month. The phone packs a 6.8-inch Full HD+ 120Hz refresh rate 71° curved AMOLED screen from BOE with 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit color depth and 1.07 billion colours.
It is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 1, total heat dissipation area of the nine-layer heat dissipation structure can reach 36,356 mm²; assisted by the new dual-channel enhanced VC liquid-cooled vaporizer, up to 12GB of RAM, Dual speakers and upgraded X-axis linear motor.
The phone has a third-generation under-screen camera with full-screen blue diamond arrangement, independent pixel driver, distributed transparent circuit, UDC Pro screen display chip. It has a 16-megapixel front UDC, which can reach up to a 2.24μm large pixel infusion effect, generating greater light sensitivity for the UDC area.
The phone has a 64MP custom IMX787 main camera, OIS, 64MP custom IMX787 ultra-wide-angle main camera and 64MP periscope telephoto camera with 5.7x optical zoom, OIS. The phone has a 5000mAh battery and 65W fast charging.
ZTE Axon 40 Ultra specifications
- 6.8-inch (2480 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 1440Hz PWM dimming, up to 1500 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with MyOS 12
- Dual SIM
- 64MP rear camera with IMX787 sensor, f/1.6 aperture, OIS, 64MP ultra-wide lens with IMX787 sensor, 64MP Periscope telephoto camera with OV64B sensor, 5.7x optical zoom, TOF sensor, LED flash, 8K recording with all cameras
- 16MP Under-screen camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 161.53×72.96×8.0mm ; Weight: 188g
- 5G NSA /SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 6GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1/L5)+ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 65W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The ZTE Axon 40 Ultra is priced at $799 (Rs. 62,110 approx.) / €829/ £709 for the 8GB+128GB version and $899 (Rs. 69,885 approx.) / €949/ £809 for the 12GB+256GB version. It will be available from June 21, 2022, on the ZTE website.
Additionally, there will be a pre-order discount, allowing customers to pay $1.99/ €1.99/ £1.99 for a coupon in order to save $50/ €50/ £40, from June 8, 2022 till June 21, 2022.
Countries and regions for open-sales include:
- North America: Canada, United States (56 of 62 states – American Samoa, Guam, Hawaii, Northern Mariana Islands, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands not included)
- Europe: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain (50 of 52 provinces), Sweden, United Kingdom
- Middle East: Israel, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
- Asia Pacific: Australia, Hong Kong SAR, Indonesia, Japan, Macao SAR, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam
- Africa: South Africa (8 of 9 provinces)