Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 with 8″ 2K+ OLED 120Hz Foldable Screen 6.56″ FHD+ 120Hz AMOLED External Display Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Announced
Xiaomi just announced the MIX Fold 2, the company’s latest flagship foldable phone, at an event in China, as it had promised. The phone has a 8.02-inch 2 Samsung Eco² OLED 120Hz LTPO 2.0 foldable screen. The outer screen is a 6.56-inch FHD+ Samsung E5 AMOLED panel with 120Hz refresh rate. It supports Dolby Vision and HDR10+ both the screens and has Gorilla Glass Victus protection for the outer screen.
Xiaomi-developed Micro Waterdrop Hinge has various cutting-edge technologie, and the number of components is just 87. Compared to other foldable phones that have a thickness of about 11mm and 12mm, the thickness of the Mix Fold 2’s hinge is just 8.8mm, the weight is reduced by 35%, and the internal space utilization rate is about 20% higher than that of most foldable mobile phones, said the company. When opened, it is just 5.4mm thick. The phone Goodix’s ultra-narrow side key capacitive fingerprint sensor, which can perfect fit in the very thin body of the devices.
In order to eliminate the creases on the screen, Xiaomi has added a one-piece carbon fiber floating plate at the hinge. When the phone is opened, it lifts the flexible panel and the outer UTG glass for a flatter finish. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with 12GB of RAM and has VC vapor chamber, boron nitride and graphite sheets for a better heat dissipation.
The phone has a 50MP main camera with IMX766, a 13MP ultra-wide-angle camera and an 8MP 2X telephoto camera. It has Leica optics. There is a 20MP camera on the front, but the inner screen doesn’t have a camera. The phone packs a 4,500mAh battery with support for 67W wired charging.
Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 specifications
- Internal – 8.02-inch (2160 x 1914 pixels) 2K+ Eco² OLED 4:3.55 display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1400 nits peak brightness, HDR10 +, Dolby Vision
- External – 6.56 -inch (2520 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ Samsung E5 AMOLED 21:9 display, 120Hz refresh rate, up to 1300 nits peak brightness, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen+ 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 12GB LPPDDR5 6400Mbps RAM with 256GB / 512GB /1TB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 13MP 123° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.4 aperture, 8MP 2x telephoto camera with f/2.6 aperture, Leica optics 8K video recording
- 20MP front-facing camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 161.6×73.9mm (folded) 144.7mm (unfolded)×11.2mm (folded) 5.4mm (unfolded); Weight: 262g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh (Typical) battery with 67W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi MIX Fold 2 comes in Black and Gold colours, is priced at 8,999 yuan (US$ 1335 / Rs. 1,06,250 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB, 9,999 yuan (US$ 1,480 / Rs. 1,18,055 approx.) for 12GB + 512GB and the top-end 12GB + 1TB model costs 11,999 yuan (US$ 1,780 / Rs. 1,41,645 approx.). It is available to order today and will go on sale in China from August 16th. No details about the global roll-out yet.