Xiaomi just announced the 12T and 12T Pro smartphones for the global markets, as it had promised. Both the phones are powered by 6.67″ 1220p CrystalRes 120Hz OLED display with HDR 10+ and Dolby Vision.
There is adaptive HDR, 68 billion colours, AdaptiveSync, which dynamically adjusts refresh rate based on content viewed. The Adaptive Reading mode reduces the amount of blue light emitted to improve eye comfort.These have a Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and an Anti-glare glass back.
The Xiaomi 12T Pro is the first Xiaomi to pack a 200MP camera with 1/1.22″ ISOCELL HP1 sensor, 8P lens and features such as Xiaomi ProCut and Ultra burst. The Xiaomi 12T has a 108MP camera. Both the phones pack a 8MP ultra-wide camera, and 2MP macro camera.
The Xiaomi 12T Pro is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with up to 12GB of RAM, has heat dissipation system comprised of a vapor chamber 65% larger with 125% higher thermal material coverage than Xiaomi 11T Pro.
The Xiaomi 12T is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 8100-Ultra with all-new GPU structure, increasing performance and power efficiency by up to 30% compared to its predecessor. The phones run Android 12 with MIUI 13, and the company has promised 3 Android OS updates and 4 years of security updates for the phones.
The Xiaomi 12T Series pack, a 5,000mAh battery with 120W HyperCharge that can be charged up to 100% in 19 minutes. With the Xiaomi AdaptiveCharge, the devices learn users’ day-to-day charging routines to optimize long-term battery health.
Xiaomi 12T and 12T Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2712 x 1220 pixels) 1.5K AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, 500nits (typ), HBM 900nits, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- 12T Pro – Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen+ 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 12T – Up to 2.85GHz MediaTek Dimensity 8100-Ultra 5nm SoC with Mali-G610 6-core GPU
- 12T Pro – 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB, 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- 12T – 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 13 based on Android 12
- 12T Pro – 200MP rear camera with 1/1.22″ ISOCELL HP1 sensor, f/1.69 aperture, 8P lens, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 12T – 108MP rear camera with 1/1.67″ ISOCELL HM6 sensor, f/1.7 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture,
- 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with 1/3.47″ sensor, f/2.24 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Dual speakers, Dolby Atmos
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 120W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Xiaomi 12T and the 12T Pro come in Black, Silver, and Blue colours. The Xiaomi 12T starts at 599 Euros (US$ 594 / Rs. 48,340 approx.) and the Xiaomi 12T Pro starts at 749 Euros (US$ 743 / Rs. 60,455 approx.) for the 8GB+128GB version. These will roll out in Europe and select Asian markets starting from October 13th.