vivo has announced the X Fold+, the company’s second foldable phone in China, as it had promised. The phone retains the 8″ 2K+ foldable screen with 120Hz LTPO Samsung E5 AMOLED panel, UTG glass and a 6.53-inch FHD+ 21:9 E5 AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate. It has an ultrasonic fingerprint scanner both for the inside and outside screen.
This replaces Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip with the Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC, has up to 12GB RAM and up to 512GB storage. The vivo X Fold+ has a similar design as the predecessor with a similar leather back, but gets a new red colour variant. The camera is the same as the predecessor.
Compared to 4600mAh battery in the Fold, the Fold+ features a 4730mAh battery with support for 80W wired charging compared to 66W while retaining the 50W wireless fast charging.
vivo X Fold+ specifications
- 8.03-inch (2160 x 1916 pixels) 2K+ E5 AMOLED LTPO display with 1-120Hz refresh rate, 140Hz touch sampling rate in game mode, SCHOTT’s flexible ultra-thin glass (UTG)
- 6.53-inch (2520 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ E5 AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate in game mode, SCHOTT’s Xensation α (Alpha) glass
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 1+ 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- OriginOS Ocean based on Android 12
- Dual SIM
- 50MP camera with Samsung GN1 sensor, f/1.57 aperture, LED flash, OIS, Zeiss T* coating, V1 chip, 48MP 114° ultra-wide camera with Sony IMX598 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 12MP portrait camera with IMX663 sensor, f/1.98 aperture, 8MP periscope camera with f/3.4 aperture, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 60x super zoom, Laser autofocus
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture on the inside and outside
- In-display ultrasonic fingerprint sensor on the inside and outside, barometer
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, CS43131 Hi-Fi chip
- Dimensions: 162.01×74.47×14.57~14.91mm(folded) / 144.87×6.28~7.40mm(unfolded); Weight: 311g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2 LE, GPS (L1 + L5 Dual band), NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C (GEN1)
- 4730mAh (typical) battery with 80W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, 10W reverse wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The vivo X Fold+ comes in Red, Mountain Blue and Black colours and is priced at 9,999 yuan (US$ 1398 / Rs. 1,14,100 approx.) for the 12GB + 256GB model and the 12GB + 512GB model costs 10,999 yuan (US$ 1538 / Rs. 1,25,520 approx.). It is available to order and will go on sale in China from September 29th.