vivo just launched the V25 5G, the company’s latest smartphone in the V series in India, as it had promised. The phone has a 6.44-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, is powered by Dimensity 900SoC, has up to 12GB of RAM and up 8GB of extended RAM.
The phone has a 64MP rear camera with OIS, 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP macro camera. There is a 50MP front camera with eye AF selfie video. Similar to the V25 Pro, this has a Color-Changing Flourite AG Glass design in the Surfing Blue model that interacts with sunlight and other sources of Artificial UV rays to change from blue to green colour.
It is subtle, yet uniquely eye-catching. The AG glass design has a matte texture and diffused surface coating, making it comfortable to hold and fingerprint-free. The phone packs a 4500mAh battery with support for 44W FlashCharge fast charging that can charge up to 60% in 30 minutes.
vivo V25 5G specifications
- 6.44-inch (2400 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED screen with 90Hz refresh rate, HDR 10+, up to 1300 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core (2 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 900 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 12GB LPDDR4x RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- Funtouch OS 12 based on Android 12
- 64MP camera with OIS, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 50MP AF front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 159.20 × 74.20 × 7.79; Weight:186g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 44W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The vivo V25 comes in Elegant Black and Surfing Blue colours, is priced at Rs. 27,999 for the 8GB + 128GB model and the 12GB + 256GB model costs Rs. 31,999. It will be available to pre-order Flipkart, in addition to vivo.com and offline stores starting from today and will go on sale from September 20th.
Commenting on the launch, Yogendra Sriramula, Head of Brand Strategy, vivo India, said:
After the successful launch of vivo V25 Pro in India, we are delighted to further expand our V25 Series with the launch of vivo V25 5G. The smartphone is packed with an industry-leading 50MP Selfie camera that features the innovative Eye Autofocus Technology; especially curated for selfie enthusiasts and content creators. The smartphone sports our signature Color Changing Fluorite AG Glass Design with a slender frame – making it an innovative accessory for our trend-setting audience