Tecno POVA 3 With 6.9″ FHD+ 90Hz Display 50MP Camera 7000mAh Battery Announced
Tecno today announced its POVA 3 smartphone as the successor to last year’s POVA 2. It has a 6.9-inch Full HD+ screen with 90Hz refresh rate, is powered by MediaTek Helio G88 SoC with up to 6GB of RAM, and it runs Android 11 with HiOS on top. The phone has 50MP rear camera, 2MP depth and an AI lens, quad LED flash and 8MP front camera with dual LED flash.
The phone comes in Tech Silver, Eco Black and a special Electric Blue variant that has an added LED light energy belt with luminous indicator for notifications, calls, charging, games and other interactive scenes. The phone has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 7000mAh battery with 25W charging and is equipped with a 33W charger.
TECNO POVA 3 specifications
- 6.9-inch (1080 x 2460 pixels) HD+ Dot-in display with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G88 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU @ 1000MHz
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- HiOS based on Android 11
- 50MP (f/1.79 primary) + 2MP 2MP (depth) + (AI Lens), Quad LED flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 7000mAh battery with 25W fast charging support
Pricing and availability
The POVA 3 is priced at 8,999 Philippine peso (US$ 172 / Rs. 13,340 approx.) for the silver and black 6GB + 128GB variants, and the the limited Electric Blue variant with LED light bar is priced at 9,399 Philippine peso (US$ 179 / Rs. 13,930 approx.). It is already on sale in the Philippines. The first 100 buyers will receive free TECNO Buds 2.