TECNO Mobile has launched the TECNO POP 6 Pro, the company’s next budget smartphone in India, after teasing it last week. It has a 6.56 HD+ display with 120Hz touch sampling rate, is powered by 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 processor with 2GB of RAM, packs an 8-megapixel rear camera along with an AI lens.
There is a 5-megapixel camera on the front. It runs Android 12 (Go Edition) with HiOS 8.6. The phone has IPX2 Splash Resistant design, and packs a 5000mAh battery.
It will feature an 8MP rear camera with dual LED flash, 5MP front camera with LED flash and a 5000mAh battery.
TECNO POP 6 Pro specifications
- 6.56-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display with 480 nits brightness
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 12 (Go Edition) with HiOS 8.6
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, Dual LED Flash, secondary AI camera
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS
- 5000mAh battery
Pricing and availability
The TECNO POP 6 Pro comes in Peaceful Blue and Polar Black colours, is priced at Rs. 6,099 for the single 2GB + 32GB model and is already on sale on Amazon.in. After 10% discount while using SBI banking cards, the effective price of the phone is Rs. 5,489.
Commenting on the latest launch, Arijeet Talapatra, CEO, TECNO Mobile said:
With the proliferation of high-speed Internet and ever-growing content consumption pattern, there exists a remarkable need for high-quality devices in the entry-level segment, especially in Tier 3 cities and towns. With the POP series in our portfolio, we are focusing on capturing the 5K to 8K smartphone category of India, where the consumer is more willing to try new products.
Moreover, we have cemented our position as the 3rd largest smartphone brand in the sub-8k segment. With the recent launch of POP 6 Pro, we are certain to address the pain points of our consumers, related to video watching experience in the entry-level segment, with a vivid 6.56-inch dot notch display, brighter color output with eye care feature, Dual Volte and an AI-powered camera coupled with 5000mAh battery. All this is further supported by a user-friendly interface powered by Android for an immersive viewing experience.