Sony India has launched its new SA-RS5 wireless rear speakers, which can be used with the HT-A7000 premium soundbar. In conjunction with the HT-A7000 Soundbar, the new wireless rear speakers provide optimal sound quality but also wide directivity for 360° Spatial Sound. Recently, Sony LinkBuds were launched in India as well.
The Omnidirectional Block design matches Sony’s HT-A7000 soundbar. Also, the cylindrical shape suggests a solid block, and the flat back fits against a wall. The SA-RS5 has a built-in battery and an up-firing speaker system that make the 360 Spatial Sound sound more cinematic and full. Sony’s SA-upfiring RS5 speakers provide realistic overhead sounds with wide-direction woofers, soft dome tweeters, and twin passive radiators.
The speakers could well be charged out of sight and instantly connect to the HT-A7000 soundbar. A 10-minute charge lasts 90 minutes. The SA-RS5 rear speakers feature dual AC power connections as well. The SA-RS5 speakers have OPTIMISE buttons and twin microphones. By selecting the OPTIMISE button on the unit, twin microphones measure the distance between the speakers and the ceiling.
Specifications: Sony SA-RS5 HT-A7000 soundbar
- Omnidirectional Block Design
- OPTIMISE button to Activate Sound Field Optimization
- Amplifier Type: Digital Amplifier, S-Master
- Amplifier Channels: 6ch (L: 3ch + R: 3ch)
- Power Output (Total): 180 W (L: 90 W + R: 90 W)
- Built-in Battery
- Battery life: 10 hours; Quick charge time: 10 minutes; play time: 90 minutes; Full charge time: 4hrs
Dimensions: Rear Speaker 145 x 250 x 134 mm
- Weight: Rear Speaker 2.4 kg
- AC Adaptor
- 360° Spatial Sound
- Connect wirelessly
- Built-in mics for Sound Field Optimization
- Two-way speakers for clear, expansive sound
- Wall mountable
Pricing and availability
Sony SA-RS5 HT-A7000 soundbar is priced at Rs. 47,990 and will be available across all Sony Centers, major electronic stores and e-commerce portals in India from August 18th, 2022 onwards.