Sony India launched the new BRAVIA X80L TV series today that promises stunning visuals and amazing sound. The X80L series elevates vision and sound to a new level and delivers a world of entertainment with Google TV, enriched by the realism of our picture and sound technology, says the company.
Sony had launched the BRAVIA XR X95K 85″ 4K Mini LED TV in India last year.
The Sony X80L TV series offers a range of sizes including 215 cm (85), 126 cm (50), and 108 cm (43), and features the X1 4K HDR picture processor that provides an immersive viewing experience. The Object-based HDR remaster analyzes the color in individual objects on the screen and adjusts the contrast accordingly, producing greater depth, textures, and realistic pictures.
The series also includes TRILUMINOS PRO algorithm for detecting colors from saturation, hue, and brightness to reproduce natural shades in every detail.
Additionally, the series features Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos for an immersive cinematic experience with striking highlights, deeper darks, and vibrant colors. The X-balanced speaker complements the sound quality with its unique new shape.
The TV supports Apple Home Kit and AirPlay for effortless content streaming and has Voice Search for easy navigation using the Google Assistant. The BRAVIA Core app is a pre-loaded movie service that provides access to a large library of Sony Picture’s movies available to stream in near 4K Blu-ray technology with Pure Stream.
The X80L series of BRAVIA TVs offers features like Auto Low Latency Mode and Auto HDR Tone Mapping for a more immersive gaming and viewing experience. The easy-to-use Game Menu allows gamers to customize settings, while BRAVIA CAM adds gesture controls and optimizes sound and picture settings according to your location.
The X80L series also has ambient optimization technology, acoustic auto calibration, and X-Protection PRO technology for durability. The unique flush surface design and smart remote add to the TV’s aesthetics and functionality. Sony is also committed to sustainability, with the new Eco Dashboard allowing users to customize energy saving preferences and settings.
Quick specifications: Sony BRAVIA X80L
- Design: Flush Surface design, Slim T-shape Wedged Stand
- Screen sizes: available in 43″, 50″ and 80-inches
- Display resolution: 3840×2160; TRILUMINOS Pro display, 4K X-Reality PRO
- Supports Motionflow XR and Brightness optimised light sensor
- HDR: Yes (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision)
- Processor: X1 4K HDR Picture Processor
- Operating System: Android TV with Google TV
- X-Balanced Speaker: Dolby Atmos, spatial sound, With Acoustic Auto Calibration
- Gaming: Auto HDR Tone Mapping, Auto Genre Picture Mode, Game Mode with PS5
- BRAVIA CORE, movies included with BRAVIA with Pure Stream
- Supports: Chromecast, Voice search including Google Assistant, Alexa, Apple Airplay2, Apple Homekit, Kids Profile
- Smart remote for all connected devices
- BRAVIA CAM – enables Gesture Control, Proximity Alert, Video chat and privacy protected
- Ambient light sensing, Auto Power Saving, Eco Dashboard
- Sony-developed SORPLAS recycled plastics
- Ports: Ethernet input x1, RF x1, Composite Video Inputs x1, HDMI 2.1 inputs x4 with eARC/ARC, VRR and ALLM, USB ports x2, 1 x headphone jack
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4 GHz/5 GHz (for Wi-Fi Direct: 2.4 GHz Only)
Pricing and availability
- KD-43X80L starts at Rs. 99,900, available for purchase from 19th April 2023 onwards.
- KD-50X80L starts at Rs. 114,900, available for purchase from 19th April 2023 onwards.
- KD-85X80L pricing and availability to be announced soon.
Sony BRAVIA X80L TV series models will be available in India at Sony Centers, major electronic stores, and e-commerce portals.