In Japan, Samsung has just released the new version of the Galaxy A23 5G, the company’s latest mid-range 5G smartphone. This is slightly different from the version that was announced back in August. It has a 5.8-inch HD+ LCD screen with an Infinity-V notch, a MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC, 4GB of RAM, a 50MP rear camera, and a 5MP selfie camera.
It is powered by Android 12 and OneUI 4.1, and it includes a new mode called “easy mode,” which emphasises special functions like registering frequently used contacts and installing a high-contrast, easy-to-read keyboard. The phone has a fingerprint scanner on the side, IPX5/IPX8 water and IP6X dust resistance, and a 4000mAh battery.
Samsung Galaxy A23 5G (new version) specifications
- 5.8-inch (1560 x 720 pixels) HD+ Infinity-V TFT LCD screen
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 12 with OneUI 4.1
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Waterproof ( IPX5/IPX8 ) / Dustproof ( IP6X )
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dimensions: 150×71×9.0mm; Weight: 168g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4000mAh battery
Pricing and availability
The Samsung Galaxy A22 5G (new version) comes in red, black and white colours, is priced at JPY 32,800 (US$ 232 / Rs. 18,965 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version. It is already available to purchase in Japan.