After rumours, Samsung has officially announced its Galaxy Unpacked in-person event will happen in San Francisco on February 1st, 2023. Samsung Galaxy S23, Galaxy S23+ and Galaxy S23 Ultra smartphones are expected at the event.
. The invite says, ‘Get ready to share the epic’. To remind you, the S22 series were introduced on February 9th 2022.
A new era of Galaxy innovation is coming. Our innovations are designed to enable incredible possibilities for people today and beyond. The new Galaxy S series will be the epitome of how we define the ultimate premium experience. We’re raising the bar and setting new standards for what’s epic.
Based on rumours, and benchmark listings, the S23 series will use a faster Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with clock speeds up to 3.36GHz compared to 3.2GHz in the standard version. The company is not planning to launch an Exynos version of the phone, so all the markets should get the Snapdragon chip. The S23 and S23+ should get 8GB + 256GB / 512GB options.
The phones are expected to feature up to 1750 nits display brightness. The Galaxy S23 and the Galaxy S23+ are expected to get a 200mAh battery boost, and pack 3900mAh and 4700mAh batteries, respectively.
The S23 is said to retain 25W charging, and the S22+ and S23 Ultra is said to retain 45W fast charging. All these should come with Qi wireless charging and Wireless PowerShare features.
The Galaxy S23 Ultra (SM-S9180) even got certified in China, two months before the revealing the 200MP camera and other specifications of the phone. The Galaxy S23 and the Galaxy S23+ should retain the 50MP camera. These should run Android 13 with OneUI 5.
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra rumoured specifications
- 6.8-inch (3088 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ Infinity-O-Edge Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1-120Hz refresh rate
- Up to 3.36GHz Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB/256GB/512GB/1TB UFS 4.0 storage
- Android 13 with One UI 5
- 200MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, OIS, 12MP Ultra Wide sensor, 10MP Telephoto lens for 3x zoom, OIS, 10MP Periscope lens for 10x zoom, 8K 30fps, LED Flash
- 40MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dust and Water-resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 163.4×78.1×8.9mm; Weight:223g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, UWB, GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 45W fast charging, 15W Qi wireless charging
The phones are expected to come in Botanic Green, Misty Lilac, Phantom Black and Cotton Flower colours, based on rumours.
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2023 on February 1 starts at 10 a.m. PT (11:30 PM IST). As usual, Samsung offer live-streaming on samsung.com and YouTube. The company has started pre-reservations in the US that lets you get up to $100 discount on pre-orders.