After several rumours, the complete specifications of the Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S23+ have surfaced ahead of next month’s launch, thanks to German website Winfuture. This reveals a new design without the camera bump.
This reveals that there won’t be much change in display size compared to older models, but rumours revealed that the S23 will also get up to 1750 nits brightness for the AMOLED Infinity-O flat screens.
There will be only Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 variant in all the markets, since the company is not expected to release an Exynos version. The rear camera spec remain the same, but this mentions a 12MP front camera, so the output should be 10MP similar to the S22. The Galaxy S23 and the Galaxy S23+ will get a 200mAh battery boost, and pack 3900mAh and 4700mAh batteries, respectively.
When it comes to charging, the S23 will retain 25W charging and the S23+ will also retain 45W fast charging. These will come with Qi wireless charging and Wireless PowerShare features.
Samsung Galaxy S23 and Galaxy S23+ rumoured specifications
- 6.1-inch (S23) / 6.6-inch (S23+) (2340 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ Infinity-O Dynamic AMOLED 2X Display, 48-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz Touch Sampling Rate in Game Mode, up to 1750 nits brightness, Gorilla Glass Victus 2 protection
- 3.36 Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB/256GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Android 13 with One UI 5.1
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 10MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 3x optical zoom, OIS, 4K 60 fps, 8K 30fps
- 12MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- Dust and Water resistant (IP68)
- S23 Dimensions: 146.3 x 70.9 x 7.6mm; Weight: 167g
- S23+ Dimensions: 157.8×76.2×7.6mm; Weight: 195g
- 5G SA/NSA, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E, 802.11ax (2.4/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, UWB (S23+ only), GPS + GLONASS, USB 3.1, NFC
- 3900mAh (S23) / 4700mAh (S23+) battery with support for 25W (S23) / 45W (S23+) fast charging, Qi wireless charging, Wireless PowerShare
The Samsung Galaxy S23 and S23+ are expected to come in Black, Cotton, Green and purple colours. Based on rumours, the S23 series could get $100 costly, so the 128 GB S23 and S23+ models are rumoured to start at $899 (Rs. 73,150 approx.) and $1,099 (Rs. 89,425 approx.), respectively.
The Galaxy S23 Ultra could also get costly and start at $1,299 (Rs. 1,05,690 approx.) for the 8GB + 256GB model. This should increase the price of the phones in India as well. We should know the official pricing and roll out details when the phones go official on February 1st.