Samsung has introduced Galaxy A14 5G, the company’s latest entry-level 5G smartphone, after several leaks. It packs a 6.6-inch HD+ LCD screen with Infinity-V notch and 90Hz refresh rate, slightly bigger than 6.5-inch screen in the predecessor.
It is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC with up to 6GB of RAM, has a 50MP rear camera, along with a 2MP macro and a 2MP depth sensor, same as the predecessor.
This comes with a 13MP front camera, runs Android 13 with One UI 5, and the company guarantees up to two generations of Android OS upgrades and up to four years of security updates for the phone. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5,000mAh with 15W fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy A14 5G specifications
- 6.6-inch FHD+ Infinity-V LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 13 with OneUI 5.0
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP depth and 2MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 167.7 x 78.0 x 9.1mm, Weight: 202g
- 5G SA/ NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 15W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Samsung Galaxy A14 5G comes in Black, Silver, Burgundy, and Light green colours. It is priced at $190 (Rs. 15,720 approx.) from Cricket, while AT&T is offering it at $2/month with a 36-month contract.
The smartphone will roll out in the U.S. starting from January 13th. The phone will roll out to more markets in Latin America in the coming weeks, and the company has confirmed it will roll out in Belgium and other parts of Europe around mid-March.