The Redmi Watch 3, the successor to last year’s Watch 2, was unveiled today in China alongside the Redmi K60 series smartphone.
The Watch 3 sports a 1.75″ AMOLED screen with a screen-to-body ratio of up to 70% and 600 nits of peak brightness. Furthermore, the screen quality has been greatly upgraded, with 390 x 450 ultra-high-definition resolution, a 60 Hz high refresh rate, and 341 PPI for clear picture quality, according to the company.
Redmi offers a “nail buckle” strap; the hole is adjustable once, and it’s convenient and worry-free to use afterward, and it’s just as light as 37g. The watch also includes over 200 customizable watch faces in a variety of styles or themes.
For Bluetooth calls, the Redmi Watch includes an in-built microphone and speaker. It also has a 24-hour SOS function: in the event of an emergency or danger, press the side button three times quickly to initiate an emergency call. Additionally, the built-in independent high-end GNSS chip features high precision control and has support for Beidou BDS, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, and QZSS, etc.
The Redmi Watch 3 further supports up to 121+ sports modes, and as far as health monitoring is concerned, it can monitor and track 24-hour heart rate, calories, SpO2, deep sleep, pressure, breathing, a woman’s cycle, etc.
Regarding the battery life, it can offer up to a 12-day battery life powered by magnetic charging. The watch does supports NFC, 5ATM waterproof, Voice control, and more. The watch comes in two different colorways such as Elegant black and Ivory white.
Quick specifications: Redmi Watch 3
- Screen Size and Type: 1.75″ AMOLED display
- Screen Resolution: 390×450
- Strap Adjustable length: 135~200mm; Nail buckle design
- Strap material: TPU/silicone
- 200 customizable watch faces
- Sensors: Optical heart rate sensor (including blood oxygen), acceleration sensor, gyroscope, geomagnetic sensor
- Wireless connection: Bluetooth v5.2 with Calling support
- Built-In Microphone and Speaker
- Others: NFC, SOS Emergency, Voice assistant, Smart controls, Notification alerts etc.
- Satellite positioning: Support Beidou/GPS/GLONASS/GALILEO/QZSS
- Waterproof level: 5ATM
- Dimensions: 42.58×36.56×9.99 mm (excluding watch strap); Weight: 37g
- Compatible with Android 6.0 or iOS 12 and above
- Battery capacity: 289 mAh; Battery life: 12 days
- 121+ Sports mode
- Colors: Elegant Black, Ivory White
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Watch 3 is priced 499 yuan (US$ 71 / Rs. 5,935 approx.) and is available for purchase today in China; there’s no information out about a global launch yet.