Redmi Note 12R 6.79″ FHD+ 90Hz Display Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 5000mAh Battery Announced
After the listing from last week, Xiaomi has officially introduced the Redmi Note 12R, the company’s next budget 5G smartphone in China. It has a 6.79-inch FHD+ 90Hz LCD screen with a centre punch-hole, and is the first phone to be powered by Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 SoC.
The phone has 50MP rear camera along with a 2MP secondary camera, 5MP front camera inside a punch-hole, comes with a glass back, side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging with 22.5W charger in the box.
Redmi Note 12R specifications
- 6.79-inch FHD+ (2460 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core Snapdragon 4 Gen 2 6nm Mobile Platform (2.2 GHz x 2 A78-based +2GHz x 6 A55-based Kryo CPUs) with Adreno 613 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB / 8GB RAM with 128GB / 256GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 13 with MIUI 14
- Dual SIM
- 50MP rear camera, LED flash, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 5MP front camera
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 168.6×76.28×8.17mm; Weight: 199g
- 5G SA / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Note 12R comes in Midnight black, Space Blue and a Gradient colour and is priced at 1099 yuan (USD 152 / Rs. 12,530 approx.) for 4GB + 128GB, 1199 yuan (USD 166 / Rs. 13,670 approx.) for 6GB + 128GB, 1599 yuan (USD 222 / Rs. 18,240 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB and 1799 yuan (USD 250 / Rs. 20,520 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB.
It will be available from operator China Mobile as well as mi.com and other third-party stores in China starting from tomorrow, June 30th.