Xiaomi’s Redmi just launched the Redmi Note 12 Pro and Note 12 Pro+ smartphones in India, as it had promised. These feature a 6.67-inch FHD+ OLED display with support for Dolby Vision, 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, and 2.9mm ultra-narrow bottom bezel.
The Redmi Note 12 Pro has a 50MP Sony IMX766 sensor with OIS and the Note 12 Pro+ features a 200MP 1/1.4-inch Samsung HMX sensor and 2.24μm with 16-in-1 pixel binning. Both the phones have OIS. These have an 8MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP macro camera.
The Note 12 Pro+ has a 7P lens and features a high-end ALD anti-glare coating that has been applied to greatly improve image quality, said the company.
These are powered by Dimensity 1080 SoC with up to 12GB of RAM, have 3000mm² VC liquid cooling heat dissipation. Both the models feature a glass back. The Stardust Purple colour in the Note 12 Pro tiny speckles under the glass.
The Note 12 Pro+ has a 4980mAh battery with 120W fast charging, Surging P1 chip that can charge up to 100% in 19 minutes with the bundled 120W GaN charger. The Note 12 Pro has a 5000mAh battery with 67W fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 15 minutes and up to 100% charge in 46 minutes.
Redmi Note 12 Pro 5G and Note 12 Pro+ 5G specifications
- 6.67-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) OLED display with 30 / 60 / 90 / 120Hz refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 1920Hz High Frequency PWM Dimming, DCI-P3 color gamut, 900 nits peak brightness, Dolby Vision, HDR10+, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (2 x 2.6GHz Cortex-A78 + 6 x 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) MediaTek Dimensity 1080 6nm processor with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, 8GB / 12GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 2.2 internal storage
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Redmi Note 12 Pro – 50MP rear camera with 1/1.56″ Sony IM766 sensor, OIS, f/1.88 aperture, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Redmi Note 12 Pro+ – 200MP rear camera with 1/1.4″ Samsung HMX sensor, f/1.65 aperture, 7P lens, ALD, OIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle camera, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP53)
- 3.5mm audio jack, Super-linear stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 162.9x76x7.98mm (Note 12 Pro) / 8.98mm (Note 12 Pro+); Weight: 187g (Note 12 Pro) / 208.4g (Note 12 Pro+)
- 5G SA (n1/3/5/8/28a/38/40/41/77/78) / NSA (n38/40/41/77/78), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh with 67W (Note 12 Pro) / 4980mAh battery with 120W (Note 12 Pro+) fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Note 12 Pro comes in Stardust Purple, Frosted Blue and Onyx Black colours and is priced at Rs. 24,999 for the 6GB + 128GB, Rs. 26,999 for the 8GB + 128GB and the 8GB + 256GB model costs Rs. 27,999.
The Redmi Note 12 Pro+ comes in Arctic White, Iceberg Blue and Obsidian Black colours and is priced at Rs. 29,999 for the 8GB + 256GB model and the 12GB + 256GB model costs Rs. 32,999.
These will be available from Flipkart, Mi.com, Mi Home Stores, and offline stores from January 11th.
- Up to Rs. 3000 instant discount with ICICI Bank Cards and EMI / Exchange bonus of Rs. 3000
- Additional Rs. 1000 off on exchange for existing Xiaomi/Mi and Redmi smartphones