Xiaomi just announced the Redmi K60E, K60 and the top-end K60 Pro smartphones at an event in China. The K60 Pro features a 6.67-inch 2K AMOLED flat screen with peak brightness of 1400 nits, 120Hz refresh rate, support for HDR10+, Dolby Vision and 1920Hz PWM high-frequency dimming.
The phone is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 with 6933mm² cooling area and 5000mm² large VC liquid cooling area, up to 16GB LPDDR5X RAM and up to 512GB UFS 4.0 storage. It says that the phone has scored 1,350,526 points on AnTuTu. The phone has triple rear cameras with a 50MP Sony IMX800 sensor, OIS+EIS, Cyberfocus 2.0 technology, 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP macro camera.
The Redmi K60 has a similar screen, but this gets a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with a similar cooling system, but has up to 16GB LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB UFS 3.1 storage. This has a 64MP camera with OIS. The Redmi K60 comes in both glass and leather back versions.
There is also a K60 Pro “Championship Edition” that has a design similar to a champion sports car on the track, highlighting the performance and speed. This has a double-sided carbon fiber high-gloss speed line that is neatly divided and exquisite, and the embossed stitching details are like sports seats, says the company.
The Redmi K60E has a 2K AMOLED screen, but this gets a Dimensity 8200 SoC, 3750mm² vapor chamber cooling, has up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and up to 512GB UFS 3.1 storage. This has a 48MP camera with OIS.
The Redmi K60 Pro has a 5000mAh battery with 120W charging and the K60 and K60E have a bigger 5500mAh battery with 67W fast charging. Both the K60 and K60 Pro support 30W wireless charging, making it the first Redmi phone to support wireless charging.
Redmi K60, K60 Pro and K60 E specifications
- K60 and K60 Pro – 6.67-inch (3200 x 1440 pixels) 2K TCL 12-bit AMOLED 20:9 display, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, 1920Hz PWM high-frequency dimming, up to 1400 nits peak brightness, 5,000,000:1 (Min) contrast ratio, HDR10+, Dolby Vision
- K60E – 6.67-inch (3200×1440 pixels) 2K Samsung 8-bit AMOLED 20:9 display, 120Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, up to 1200 nits peak brightness, HDR10+
- Redmi K60 Pro – Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- Redmi K60 – Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- Redmi K60E – Up to 3.1GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 8200 4nm processor with Mali-G610 MC6 GPU
- K60 Pro – 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5x 8533Mbps RAM with 128GB (UFS 3.1) / 256GB / 512GB UFS 4.0 storage
- K60 – 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- K60E – 8GB / 12GB LPPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- MIUI 14 based on Android 13
- K60 Pro – 50MP rear camera with 1/ 1.49″ Sony IMX800 sensor, f/1.88 aperture, OIS + EIS, LED flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8K video recording
- K60 – 64MP rear camera with Omnivision OV64B sensor, OIS + EIS, LED flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- K60E – 48MP rear camera with OIS, LED flash, 8MP 120° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 8K video recording
- 16MP (K60 and K60 Pro) / 20MP (K60E) front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Hi-Res audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 162.78×75.44×8.59mm (Glass) / 8.79mm (Leather); Weight: 205g / 199g (Leather)
- 5G SA/NSA,Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS (L1 + L5), NavIC, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (K60 Pro) / 5500mAh (K60 and K60E) (Typical) battery with 120W (K60 Pro) / 67W (K60 and K60E) wired fast charging, 30W wireless charging (K60 Pro and K60 only)
Pricing and availability
- Redmi K60 Pro 8GB + 128GB – 3299 yuan (US$ 473 / Rs. 39,260 approx.)
- Redmi K60 Pro 8GB + 256GB – 3599 yuan (US$ 516 / Rs. 42,830 approx.)
- Redmi K60 Pro 12GB + 256GB – 3899 yuan (US$ 560 / Rs. 46,400 approx.)
- Redmi K60 Pro 12GB + 512GB – 4299 yuan (US$ 617 / Rs. 51,170 approx.)
- Redmi K60 Pro 16GB + 512GB Champion Edition – 4599 yuan (US$ 660 / Rs. 54,730 approx.)
- Redmi K60 8GB + 128GB – 2499 yuan (US$ 358 / Rs. 29,740 approx.)
- Redmi K60 8GB + 256GB – 2699 yuan (US$ 387 / Rs. 32,120 approx.)
- Redmi K60 12GB + 256GB – 2999 yuan (US$ 430 / Rs. 35,685 approx.)
- Redmi K60 12GB + 512GB – 3299 yuan (US$ 473 / Rs. 39,260 approx.)
- Redmi K60 16GB + 512GB – 3599 yuan (US$ 516 / Rs. 42,830 approx.)
- Redmi K60E 8GB + 128GB – 2199 yuan (US$ 315 / Rs. 26,170 approx.)
- Redmi K60E 8GB + 256GB – 2399 yuan (US$ 344 / Rs. 28,550 approx.)
- Redmi K60E 12GB + 256GB – 2599 yuan (US$ 373 / Rs. 30,935 approx.)
- Redmi K60E 12GB + 512GB – 2799 yuan (US$ 401 / Rs. 33,315 approx.)
These are available to order from today and will go on sale in China from December 31st.