Redmi K50i with 6.6″ FHD+ 144Hz Display Dolby Vision Dimensity 8100 5080mAh Battery Launched in India Starting At Rs. 25,999
Xiaomi under its Redmi brand just launched the Redmi K50i, the company’s latest top-end phone in the Redmi series in India, as it had promised. The phone has a 6.6-inch FHD+ LCD screen with 144Hz 7-step variable refresh rate, support for DC dimming and Dolby Vision and has a 16MP front camera inside the punch-hole. The company said that it is the industry’s first LCD mobile phone to be certified with DisplayMate A+ ratings.
The K50i runs Android 12 with MIUI 13 on top. The company has confirmed 2 years of software updates and 3 years of security updates for the phone. The phone is powered by Dimensity 8100 SoC with support for LiquidCool 2.0 and the 2268 mm² Vapour Chamber with 7 layers of graphite. It has up to 8GB of LPDDR5 RAM and up to 256GB UFS 3.1 storage. There is a 64MP rear camera along with and a 8MP ultra-wide-angle and a 2MP macro camera. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The phone has a 5080mAh battery with support for 67W fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 15 minutes and 100% in 46 minutes. The phone comes with a charger in the box that also has 27W PD support, said the company.
Redmi K50i Specifications
- 6.6″ FHD+ (2460 x 1080 pixels) LCD screen with up to 30 / 48 / 50 / 60 / 90 / 120 / 144 variable refresh rate, DC dimming, 10-bit color depth, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, Dolby Vision, HDR10, 650 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- MediaTek Dimensity 8100 5nm SoC with Mali-G610 6-core GPU
- 6GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage / 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP Samsung ISOCELL GW1 1/1.72″sensor with f/1.89 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide lens with 119° FOV, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, 4K 30 fps video recording
- 16MP front camera with f/2.45, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 163.64×74.29×8.87mm;Weight: 200g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo Dual Speaker, Dolby Atmos, Hi-Res audio
- IR sensor, X-axis linear motors
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- 5G SA/NSA (n1,n5,n7,n8,n20,n28a,n38,n40,n41,n77 and n78), Wi-Fi 6 (2.4 + 5GHz), supports 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, Beidou | GPS
- (L1+L5) |GLONASS | QZSS (L1+L5), NFC
- 5080mAh battery with 67W fast charging support
Pricing and availability
The Redmi K50i comes in Phantom Blue, Stealth Black and Quick Silver colours, is priced at Rs. 25,999 for 6GB + 128GB and the 8GB + 256GB model costs Rs. 28,999. It will be available from mi.com, Amazon.in, Mi Home stores, offline stores and Croma starting from July 23rd.
Up to Rs. 3000 instant discount with ICICI cards
Exchange Bonus of Rs. 2500
Up to Rs. 8050 exchange discount for K20 Pro users
Up to Rs. 3000 instant discount with ICICI cards or free Xiaomi Smart Speaker with IR for offline customers