Xiaomi had previously teased the debut of a new Redmi series laptop. The company has officially launched the new Redmi G Pro Gaming Laptop Ryzen Edition in China today. The product is geared specifically toward gamers and comes with impressive specifications. The previous Redmi G Gaming Notebook was released last year.
The laptop features a 16″ 2.5 LCD panel with a 2.5K resolution and 240 Hz refresh rate. It supports 100% sRGB, 500 nit brightness, 10 bit colour depth, DC dimming, and is HDR 400 certified as well. The AMD Ryzen R7-6800H and RTX 3060 6G at 130W power the laptop. For the storage and memory options, the device has 16GB of dual-channel DDR5-4800 RAM and a 512GB PCIe 4.0 SSD, which are both included.
The laptop is propelled by an 80-watt-hour battery along with a 330-watt power adapter. The laptop is equipped with four heat pipes and two 12V fans to keep temperatures low even when working hard. There is a USB-C port that supports 100W power delivery (PD), three USB-A 3.2 Gen2 ports, one USB-A 2.0 port, a Mini DisplayPort 1.4 port, an HDMI 2.0 port, an SD card slot, a 3.5mm headphone jack, a network port, and a DC power port. It comes with the Microsoft Windows 11 operating system pre-installed.
Specifications: Redmi G Pro Gaming Laptop Ryzen Edition
- Display: 2.5K 16″ (2560 x 1600 pixel) resolution LCD full screen, 240Hz high refresh rate, support AMD FreeSync adaptive refresh technology, 100% sRGB (typical value),1200:1 contrast ratio, 500 nits Extra Brightness (Typical), Offers 91% screen ratio, 178° wide viewing angle, DC dimming, support VESA HDR 400, TÜV Rheinland hardware Certification
- Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 6800H
- Graphic Processor: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU
- Memory: 16GB DDR5 4800MHz
- Storage: 512GB PCIe 4.0 SSD
- Connectivity: 2×2 Dual antennas, Wi-Fi 6, support 2.4GHz, 5GHz dual-band and Bluetooth 5.2
- Audio and Camera: 2W × 2 speakers; DTS:X Ultra sound system; 720p camera
- Full-size three-level adjustable white backlit keyboard, 1.5mm key
travel independent numeric keypad, Mylar touchpad, support PTP
- I/O Ports: USB-A 2.0 x 1, USB-A 3.2 Gen2 x 3, 3.5mm headphone microphone jack x 1, MIC+Headphone combo high- speed card reader UHS-Ⅱ x 1
- Supports SD/SDHC/SDXC power port x 1, USB-C x 1 (support DP 1.4+USB 3.2 Gen2 +PD 100W), MiniDP 1.4 x 1, HDMI 2.1 x 1, 2.5G wired LAN x 1
- Windows 11 Home Chinese Edition
- Preinstalled software: Office Home and Student Edition, DTS:X Ultra, AMD Radeon Software, NVIDIA GeForce Experience+NVIDIA Control Panel, Senary Audio, Xiao Ai, MIUI+, Xiaomi G Command Center, Xiaomi Cloud Service, Getting Started
- Dimensions: 60.5 x 261.1x 23.45-28.45mm; Weight: 2.66Kg
- Battery: 80Whr with 330W Power adapter
Pricing and availability
The Redmi G Pro Gaming Laptop (2022) Ryzen Edition costs 7599 yuan ($1089 / Rs. 86,980 approx.) and is now available for pre-order in China and will roll out from September 9th. There is no word on global availability yet.