Redmi A2 and A2+ 6.52″ display Helio G36 5000mAh battery launched in India starting at Rs 5999
Xiaomi has launched of Redmi A2 series – Redmi A2 and A2+ budget smartphones in India, as it had promised. The phone retains a 6.52″ HD+ LCD screen from the A1 series, but this replaces the Helio A22 quad-core SoC with an Octa-Core Helio G36, and has up to 4GB of RAM and up to 3GB of virtual RAM.
The Indian stock Android 13 Go Edition. These have a 8MP rear camera along with a secondary depth sensor, 5MP front camera, a leather-like design and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging. The A2 Plus has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor.
Redmi A2 and A2+ specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ IPS LCD screen with 60Hz refresh rate, 120Hz touch sampling rate, 400 nits brightness
- 2.2 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G36 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE8320 @ 680MHz GPU
- 2GB / 3GB / 4GB LPDDR4X RAM, 32GB / 64GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 13 (Go Edition)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture LED flash
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner (A2+ only)
- Dimensions: 164.9×76.75×9.09mm;Weight: 192g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB port
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi A2 and A2+ come in Sea Green, Aqua Blue and Classic Black colours. The Redmi A2 is priced at Rs. 6299 for the 2GB + 32GB, Rs. 6,799 for 2GB + 64GB and the 4GB + 64GB model costs Rs. 7,999. With the bank offer, the effective starting price is Rs. 5999.
The Redmi A2+ comes in single 4GB + 64GB model, priced at Rs. 8,499. These will be available from Amazon.in, Mi.com, Mi home stores and other offline stores starting from May 23rd. The Redmi A2 2GB + 64GB model will be available later.
Senior citizens can avail exclusive ‘At-home service’ by raising a request on 1800 103 6286 or send a WhatsApp message on 8861826286.
- Flat Rs. 300 (2GB +32GB) / Rs. 500 (4GB +64GB) Instant Discount with ICICI, HDFC & Axis Bank Credit Card & Credit Card EMI
- Free 1-Year Extended Warranty worth Rs. 599 for a limited period
Commenting on the launch, Anuj Sharma, Chief Marketing Officer, Xiaomi India, said:
As a brand, we have always worked towards our vision of innovation for all, with a strong aim to empower the youth of the nation. Today’s launch is one of the many efforts by Xiaomi to fuel the smooth transition for our consumers as they move towards adopting the latest technologies.
The all-new Redmi A2 series is packed with meaningful features, and we are optimistic that value-conscious consumers, who want to upgrade to newer tech, will find the best solutions in our latest offerings at an honest price. Building on the success of Redmi A1 series and backed by Redmi’s quality, we are confident of an equally successful innings for Redmi A2 series. These smartphones are yet another offering from our side to further strengthen our resolve of a progressive Digital India.