Redmi 12 6.79″ FHD+ 90Hz display glass back IP53 ratings 5000mAh battery announced
Xiaomi has officially announced the Redmi 12, the company’s latest 4G smartphone, after it surfaced in a listing earlier this month. The phone packs a 6.79-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate, 8MP front-facing camera inside the punch hole and is powered by MediaTek Helio G88 SoC.
It has up to 8GB of RAM and up to 256GB storage. The phone features a 50MP main camera, an 8MP ultra-wide camera, and a 2MP macro sensor. The phone has a glass back and has IP53 ratings for dust and splash resistance.
It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging.
Redmi 12 Specifications
- 6.79-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G88 12nm processor (Dual 2GHz Cortex-A75 + Hexa 2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 CPUs) with ARM Mali-G52 2EEMC2 GPU
- 4GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB/256GB (eMMC 5.1) internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 13 with MIUI 14
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 8MP front camera with f/2.1 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Dust and splash resistant (IP53)
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 168.60×76.28×8.17mm; Weight: 198.5g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi 12 comes in Midnight Black, Sky Blue, and Polar Silver colours and starts at USD 149 (Rs. 12,210 approx.) for the 4GB + 128GB model. It also comes in 8GB+128GB and 8GB+256GB models. The phone is already on sale in 5,299 Thai Baht (USD 152 / Rs. 12,538 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB in Thailand and 199.99 Euros (USD 218 / Rs. 17,940 approx.) for the 4GB + 128GB model in Europe.