Redmi today launched the Redmi 11 Prime and Redmi 11 Prime 5G smartphones in India, as it had promised. Both the phones packs a 6.58-inch Full HD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate AdaptiveSync display, 240Hz touch sampling rate and have an 8-megapixel camera on the front, inside the notch.
The Redmi 11 Prime is powered by MediaTek Helio G99 SoC, and the 5G model is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC and has support for 7 5G bands. These run Android 12 with MIUI 13 on top.
The phones have flat sides, feature a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and pack a 50MP rear camera along with a 2MP depth sensor, but the 4G model comes with an additional 2MP macro camera. These pack a 5000mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging, but come with 22.5W charger in the box.
Redmi 11 Prime and Redmi 11 Prime 5G specifications
- 6.58-inch (2408 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ LCD screen with up to 500 nits brightness, 30Hz/60Hz/90Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 4G – Octa Core MediaTek Helio G99 6nm processor (2x Cortex-A76 @ 2.2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 @ 2GHz) with Arm Mali-G57 MC2
- 5G – Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.2) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 2MP depth and 2MP macro (4G model only) sensor with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR blaster
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Dimensions: 164.0 x 76.1 ×8.9mm; Weight: 200g
- 4G – Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5G – 5G SA (n1/n3/n5/n8/n28/n40/n78) / NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 18W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi 11 Prime comes in Playful Green, Flashy Black and Peppy Purple colours, is priced at Rs. 12,999 for the 4GB + 64GB model and the 6GB + 128GB model costs Rs. 14,999. This is Rs. 500 more than than the POCO M5 which has similar specifications. It will be available from Amazon.in, mi.com, Mi Home stores and offline stores, and the availability will be announced soon.
The Redmi 11 Prime 5G comes in Meadow Green, Chrome Silver and Thunder Black colours, is priced at Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB + 64GB model and the 6GB + 128GB model costs Rs. 15,999. It will be available from Amazon.in, mi.com, Mi Home stores and offline stores starting from September 9th.
- Rs. 1000 discount with ICICI Bank Credit Cards for Redmi 11 Prime 5G