RedMagic Gaming Tablet 12.1″ 2.5K 144Hz Display Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Up To 16GB RAM Announced
Nubia has officially introduced its RedMagic Gaming Tablet tablet in China, alongside the RedMagic 8S Pro and 8S Pro+. The tablet boasts an all-metal unibody design, weighing only 613g and measuring 6.5mm thin. The rear camera lens is inspired by a PCB circuit, and it features a 13MP back camera and a 16MP front camera.
The tablet sports a 12.1-inch 2.5K LCD screen, custom-made by BOE, with a 144Hz high refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, and 600nit peak brightness. The tablet supports 10bit color depth, has a 16:10 screen ratio, and a contrast ratio of 1500:1.
It also features UL low blue light eye protection certification and a screen proximity reminder. The audio experience is enhanced with a quad speaker system, and the tablet runs on the latest Android 13 with RedMagic OS 8.0.
Under the hood, the device is powered by the first-generation Snapdragon 8+ processor, coupled with LPDDR5X RAM and UFS3.1 storage. It supports 5G smart communication and incorporates an ICE magic cooling system for optimal performance.
During intense gaming sessions lasting 60 minutes, it offers a frame rate of up to 59.8 frames. The tablet packs a 10000mAh battery and supports 80W flash charging, capable of a full charge in just 55 minutes.
The tablet includes a gaming section with a range of gaming extras and interactive features. The X Gravity platform allows for the use of additional devices for mobile and high-quality games.
The super workbench can be linked to the Redmagic magic pen and phone, while the magnetic keyboard enables screen linking, providing a smooth work experience.
Quick specifications: RedMagic Gaming Tablet
- 12.1-inch (2500x 1600 pixels) 2.5K LCD with 144Hz refresh rate, up to 240Hz touch sampling rate, 10-bit color depth and 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, up to 600 nits brightness, UL Low blue light eye protection
- First Gen Snapdragon 8+; CUBE Energy Rubik’s Cube (Self-developed system)
- Battery: 10000mAh; 80W Magic Flash Fast Charging
- Camera: 16MP Front and 13MP Back
- Connectivity: Bluetooth v5.3, Wi-Fi 6 and Wi-Fi 5, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax
- Network: 5G, nanoSIM
- RAM and Storage: 12GB+256GB / 16GB+512GB (LPDDR5+UFS3.1)
- ICE Cooling System
- Other features: Red Magic Ji 2D Game Assistant/X Gravity Platform/Game Space
- Audio: Hi-Fi Quad Speaker System; DTS Ultra
- Android 13 with REDMAGIC OS 8.0
- Dimensions: 279.68x 181.91 x 6.5mmWeight: 613g
- Colors: Night Knight
Pricing and availability
The Nubia’s RedMagic Gaming Tablet is now available for pre-order at a discounted price of 3,899 yuan (USD 538 or Rs. 44,260 approx.), instead of its regular price of 3,999 yuan (USD 552 or Rs. 45,400 approx.) for the 12GB + 256GB model and the 16GB + 512GB model costs 4599 yuan (USD 634 or Rs. 52,210 approx.). It will officially go on sale starting from July 11, 2023, at 10:00 in China.
- Additionally, the Red Magic Gaming Tablet Super Edition (Bumblebee customized version) is priced at 4,999 yuan (USD 690 or Rs. 56,750 approx.).
- Furthermore, the Red Magic Smart Magnetic Keyboard is priced at 599 yuan (USD 82 or Rs. 6,800 approx.), and the stylus is priced at 399 yuan (USD 55 or Rs. 4,530 approx.).