nubia has announced the RedMagic 8 Pro and RedMagic 8 Pro+, the company’s new flagship gaming phones, in China, as it had promised. Both the phones are powered by the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC. The company says that it has scored 1348653 points on AnTuTu, and has LPDDR5X RAM and UFS4.0 storage.
These feature an OLED screen a refresh rate of up to 120Hz refresh rate, 960Hz multi-finger screen touch sampling rate, 1440Hz PWM dimming + DC dimming, 1300 nits brightness and 93.7% screen-to-body ratio, thanks to 1.48mm narrow side bezels.
The phones have ICE 11.0 magic cooling cooling system with built-in fan + full-through air duct, the first 3D ice-level dual-pump 2068mm³ super large VC liquid cooling, graphene under the screen and up to 10 layers of cooling materials, so the surface temperature of the whole machine body drops by 16° C. The Magic GPU optimization automatically stabilizes the frame engine to optimize frame drop scenarios offering the best game experience.
These have built-in independent gaming chip “Red Core 2” for improving shoulder keys, enhancing vibrations, defining game lighting effects, and enhancing sound effects. These have 520Hz touch sampling shoulder triggers, X-axis linear motor and 1115K+1216 ultra-linear stereo speakers, Snapdragon Sound technology for up to 96kHz output with 48ms low latency.
The phones have 50MP 1/1.57-inch Samsung GN5 sensor and a 16MP under-screen camera front camera. The Red Magic 8 Pro has a 6000mAh battery with 80W fast charging and the Red Magic 8 Pro+ has a 5000mAh battery with 165W charging that can charge up to 100% in 14 minutes.
Red Magic 8 Pro and 8 Pro+ specifications
- 6.8-inch (2480 x 1116 pixels) Full HD+ OLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, up to 960Hz touch sampling rate, 10-bit color depth and 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, up to 1300 nits brightness, DC dimming, 1440Hz PWM dimming
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 740 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB / 1TB (UFS 4.0)
- Android 13 with Redmagic OS 6.0
- Dual SIM
- 50MP 1/1.57 Samsung GN5 sensor, 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide lens, 2MP macro camera
- 16MP under-display front-facing camera
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Dual Smart PA, 3 mics
- Dimensions:163.98×76.35×8.9mm;Weight: 228g (8 Pro) / 230g (8 Pro+)
- 5G NSA /SA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz + 6GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS (L1/L5)+ GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 8 Pro – 6000mAh battery, 80W fast charging
- 8 Pro+ – 5000mAh battery, 165W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Red Magic 8 Pro is priced at 3999 yuan (US$ 574 / Rs. 47,495 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 4399 yuan (US$ 632 / Rs. 52,245 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB, 4799 yuan (US$ 689 / Rs. 57,000 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB and the 12GB + 256GB transparent edition costs 4999 yuan (US$ 718 / Rs. 59,385 approx.).
The Red Magic 8 Pro+ is priced at 5199 yuan (US$ 747 / Rs. 61,760 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB and 5799 yuan (US$ 833 / Rs. 68,885 approx.) for 16GB + 512GB. The transparent 12GB + 256GB model costs 5399 yuan (US$ 775 / Rs. 64,135 approx.), 16GB + 512GB costs 5999 yuan (US$ 862 / Rs. 71,265 approx.) and 16GB + 1TB model costs 6999 yuan (US$ 1005 / Rs. 83,140 approx.). These are available to order from today and will go on sale in China from December 28th.
Update: The RedMagic 8 Pro will be introduced globally on January 16th, 2023. Early bird offer begins January 28th and will go on open sale in February 2023.