POCO had a global launch event where it unveiled the M5 and M5s mid-range smartphones. POCO M5s specifications look pretty much similar to previously announced Redmi phones, specifically the latest Redmi Note 11 SE.
It comes with a 6.43-inch Full HD+ AMOLED screen with up to 1100 nits brightness and Corning Gorilla Glass protection. A 13-megapixel camera is housed inside the punch-hole. POCO M5s is powered by the MediaTek Helio G95 with up to 6GB of RAM, a dual-layer graphite sheet, and runs Android 12 with MIUI 13 out of the box. The phone also supports dynamic RAM expansion of up to 8GB.
The phone has a 64-megapixel rear camera, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2-megapixel depth camera, and a 2-megapixel portrait camera. It features a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, a Z-axis linear vibration motor, IP53 ratings for water resistance, stereo speakers, and a 5000mAh battery with 33W fast charging that can charge up to 64% in just 30 minutes.
POCO M5s specifications
- 6.43-inch (1080 × 2400 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 AMOLED screen with up to 1100 nits brightness, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core MediaTek Helio G95 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs) with 900MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 64MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED Flash, 8MP 118° ultra-wide sensor, 2MP depth and 2MP macro camera
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, IR sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, Hi-Res audio
- Water resistant (IP53)
- Dimensions: 160.46×74.5×8.29mm; Weight: 178.8g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 33W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The POCO M5s comes in Grey, White and Blue colours, is priced at US$ 189 (Rs. 15,085 approx.) for the 4GB+64GB model, US$ 209 (Rs. 16,681 approx.) for the 4GB+28GB model, and US$ 229 (Rs. 18,277 approx.) for the 6GB +128GB model.
It will be available on AliExpress from 6th of September. As a part of early bird offer, each model of the device will be sold US$ 2o cheaper than the actual price.