POCO just launched the POCO, the company’s latest budget smartphone in India, after teasing it recently. The phone has similar specifications as the Redmi A1+ which was launched in October and packs a 6.52″ HD+ LCD screen, is powered by MediaTek Helio A22 SoC, runs stock Android 12 Go Edition, and has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
The phone has a 8MP rear camera along with a secondary depth sensor, 5MP front camera, features a leather-like design and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging.
POCO C50 specifications
- 6.52-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio display, 400 nits brightness, scratch resistant glass
- 2GHz Quad-Core MediaTek Helio A22 12nm processor with IMG PowerVR GE-class GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR4X RAM, 32GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Android 12 Go Edition
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, depth sensor
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture
- Splash resistant (P2i coating)
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 3.5mm audio jack, Top-ported loudspeaker, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 164.9x 76.75x 9.09mm,; Weight: 192g
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS + GLONASS
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
Pricing and availability
The POCO C50 comes in Country Green and Royal Blue colours, is priced at Rs. 6,499 for the 2GB + 32GB model and the 3GB + 32GB model costs Rs. 7,299.
Buyers get a Rs. 250 coupon as a part of introductory offer, so it will be available from Flipkart starting from January 10th for as low as Rs. 6249.
Commenting on the launch, Himanshu Tandon, Country Head, POCO India said:
We at POCO India are excited to launch the first product for 2023 – POCO C50 and it is here to let the consumers #SlayAllDay. Strengthening our position in the sub-10K segment, the latest addition to the C-series portfolio is a perfect blend of enhanced display, software, gaming, and camera experience. After the resounding success of POCO C3 and POCO C31, the launch of POCO C50 is a testimony to take the user experience a notch higher. We are confident that it will be a market disruptor and will further redefine the smartphone experience.