OPPO Reno8 Pro with 6.7″ FHD+ 120Hz AMOLED Display Dimensity 8100-Max 12GB RAM Launched in India for Rs. 45,999
Along with the Reno8, OPPO also launched the Reno8 Pro smartphone in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.7-inch Full HD+ 120Hz AMOLED screen compared t0 90Hz in the predecessor and replaces the Dimensity 1200-Max in the Reno7 Pro with Dimensity 8100-Max. It has 12GB of RAM and OPPO’s Ultra-Conductive Graphite Cooling System improves cooling by 45% over traditional graphite for an even extra bump in performance, said the company.
The phone has a 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, 8MP ultra-wide and a 2MP macro camera. It as a 32MP IMX709 front camera. The phone also has a MariSilicon X self-developed NPU with 3.5 billion transistors that is capable of 18 trillion operations per second. This processing muscle results in crisp and clear 4K Ultra Night video even in the most challenging scenarios, said the company. It has AI-enhanced imaging features such as Night Portrait and Bokeh Flare video.
The phone has a streamlined unibody design with a Gorilla Glass 5 back and an aluminium frame. It has an in-display fingerprint scanner and packs a 4500mAh battery with support for 80W SuperVOOC fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 11 minutes and 100% in 28 minutes.
The OPPO’s Battery Health Engine (BHE) technology lets Reno8 Pro 5G perform at its peak for four years straight without a fall in battery health and at the same high safety levels, said the company.
OPPO Reno8 Pro specifications
- 6.7-inch FHD+ (1080 x 2402 pixels) AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, up to 360Hz touch sampling rate in gaming mode, 950 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- MediaTek Dimensity 8100-Max (5 nm) processor with Mali-G610 MC6
- 12GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- 50MP rear camera with Sony IMX766 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with IMX355 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with OV02B10 sensor, f/2.4 aperture, MariSilicon X NPU
- 32MP front camera with Sony IMX709 sensor, f/2.4 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 161.2 x 74.2 x 7.34mm; Weight: 183g
- 5G SA/NSA (n1/3/5/7/8/20/28/38/40/41/77/78 bands), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with 80W SuperVOOC fast charging support
Pricing and availability
The OPPO Reno8 Pro comes in Glazed Green and Glazed Black colours, is priced at Rs. 45,999 and will be available from Flipkart, OPPO India online store and offline stores starting from July 19th.