OPPO has introduced the Find N2 Flip, the company’s first flip phone for the global markets, after it was introduced in China in December. The OPPO Find N2 Flip has a large 6.8-inch E6 AMOLED display with 21:9 aspect ratio and 1600 nits of brightness and is powered by Dimensity 9000+ SoC.
It runs Android 13 with ColorOS 13, and the company has promised 4 years of major Android updates and 5 years of security patch updates for the phone.
The large 3.26-inch cover screen offers as six notifications and lets you use the display as a camera viewfinder. It also enables quick replies to messages in apps like Messenger, Slack, Telegram, and WhatsApp. You can toggle settings, record a voice note, or answer a call without opening your phone. And with less need to engage fully, you can take back control of your digital well-being.
The OPPO Find N2 Flip adds a touch of fun to the cover screen with interactive pets. There is also a GIF, Bitmoji, or a sticker for greater personalisation for the Always-On display. In addition to Bitmoji and OMOJI stickers, the AOD also displays helpful insights: the time, date, power status, and notifications.
It has a fingerprint-resistant, micro-etched glass case and polished aluminium sides. The 50MP main camera features a large Sony IMX890 sensor, with a large-aperture f/1.8 lens. It lets you capture pro-grade colours co-developed with Hasselblad.
There is full-featured Pro mode and Hasselblad-inspired XPAN mode open creative opportunities for imaging enthusiasts. It has MariSilicon X NPU that boosts night video to capture ultra-clear 4K footage in low light.
There is FlexForm Mode—made possible by the New Flexion Hinge—as the Find N2 Flip holds its position mid-fold between 45º and 110º for waist-level dynamic angles and ultra-crisp 4K time-lapse video. The FlexForm Mode also turns the phone into a tripod-steady, hands-free camera. It has a 32MP selfie camera with Sony IMX709 sensor and wide-angle lens.
The Find N2 Flip’s Flexion Hinge has an almost-invisible crease. It creates more space to accommodate a larger cover display and a higher-capacity, faster-charging battery. OPPO says that it has redesigned its new Flexion Hinge to guide the screen into the gentlest folding angle possible to create a water drop shape fold that results in a significantly shallower, narrower crease than other flip phones.
The OPPO Find N2 Flip is TÜV Rheinland certified to withstand 4,00,000-fold and unfolds – the equivalent of opening and closing the phone 100 times daily for more than ten years, says the company. It has been tested to surpass over 1,00,000-fold and unfold cycles under extreme conditions ranging from -20 degrees C to 50 degrees C and 95 per cent humidity, it adds.
The OPPO Find N2 Flip has a 4,300mAh battery with support for 44W SUPERVOOC Flash Charge fast charging.
OPPO Find N2 Flip specifications
- Main Display: 6.8-inch (2520 × 1080 pixels) FHD+ E6 AMOLED display, 1-120Hz adaptive refresh rate, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 403 PPI, 21:9 aspect ratio, up to 1600 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3, 100% sRGB color gamut, UTG glass protection
- Outer Display: 3.26-inch (720 × 382 pixels) AMOLED display, 30/60Hz refresh rate, 250 PPI, 17:9 aspect ratio, up to 900 nits brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- SoC: Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ processor with Mali-G710 MC10 GPU
- RAM/ROM: 8GB LPDDR5 RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Software: Android 13 with ColorOS 13
- Rear camera: 50MP (primary wide-angle) f/1.8 aperture, Sony IMX890 sensor, 8MP (112° ultra-wide) f/2.2 aperture, Hasselblad camera, MariSilicon X NPU
- Front camera: 32MP AF with f/2.4 aperture, RGBW IMX709 sensor
- Fingerprint: Side-mounted
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, USB Type-C, NFC, GPS L1+L5, GALILEO: E1+E5a, Beidou: B1l+B1c+B2a, QZSS: L1+L5
- Audio: USB Type-C Audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dimensions: 166.2 (85.5 folded)×75.2× 7.45mm (16.02mm folded); Weight: 191g
- Battery: 4300mAh (Typical) battery with 44W SUPERVOOC Flash Charge
Pricing and availability
The OPPO Find N2 Flip comes in Astral Black and Moonlit Purple colours and is priced at £849 (US$ 1,018 / Rs. 84,420 approx.) for the 8GB + 256GB model in the UK and will roll out from March 2nd. The company said that it will reveal the India launch details soon.
OPPO is the Official Global Partner of the UEFA Champions League. As part of the partnership, the Find N2 Flip will be used by official UEFA Champions League photographers to capture the game’s action at close range along the sidelines, framing the inspiring and exciting moments.
The best photos will then be shared in an OPPO Gallery on the UEFA Champions League website and the OPPO UEFA Champions League landing page.
In addition, the Find N2 Flip will also be displayed at OPPO’s booth at the UEFA Champions League Final in Istanbul, Turkey to showcase itself as the champion flip phone to more fans.
Flex. Fold. Fun.
This is the #OPPOFindN2Flip 🤩#SeeMoreInASnap#BestFlipPhone
Know more: https://t.co/PZEyiZFmvz pic.twitter.com/0RHcsIoPee
— OPPO India (@OPPOIndia) February 15, 2023
Commenting on the global launch, Pete Lau, SVP and Chief Product Officer, OPPO said:
Every aspect of the Find N2 Flip reflects OPPO’s mission to enrich real-world experiences. We combined industry-leading engineering and innovation with intuitive design principles. So the Find N2 Flip’s design is burdenless, each component moving in harmony, as it marries a best-in-class, powerful cover screen with a compromise-free package that’s elevated by subtle, rich flourishes.