OPPO has introduced A58x, the company’s latest budget 5G smartphone and a downgraded version of A58 that was released a month ago. It packs a 6.56-inch HD+ screen with 90Hz refresh rate, is powered by MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC with up to 8GB of RAM and up to 5GB of virtual RAM. It still runs Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 on top.
The phone has a 13MP rear camera along with a 2MP portrait sensor and a 8MP front camera inside the notch. It has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 33W SuperVOOC fast charging via USB Type-C.
OPPO A58x specifications
- 6.5-inch (1612 × 720 pixels) HD+ LCD screen, 90 Hz Refresh rate, 96% NTSC/100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- Dual SIM
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP portrait camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.1×7.99mm; Weight: 186g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 33W SuperVOOC fast charging
Pricing and availability
The OPPO A58x comes in starry sky black, breeze purple and quiet sea blue colours is priced at 1200 yuan (US$ 172 / Rs. 14,252 approx.) for the 6GB + 256GB version. The 8GB + 128GB model should arrive later. It is available to order in China.