OPPO has introduced A58, the company’s latest budget 5G smartphone in China, after it surfaced recently. It packs a 6.56-inch HD+ screen with 90Hz refresh rate, is powered MediaTek Dimensity 700 SoC with up to 8GB of RAM and up to 5GB of virtual RAM. It still runs Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1 on top.
The phone has a 50MP rear camera along with a 2MP portrait sensor and a 8MP front camera inside the notch. It as a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 33W SuperVOOC fast charging via USB Type-C.
OPPO A58 specifications
- 6.5-inch (1612 × 720 pixels) HD+ LCD screen, 90 Hz Refresh rate, 96% NTSC/100% DCI-P3 color gamut
- Octa Core MediaTek Dimensity 700 7nm processor (Dual 2.2GHz Cortex-A76 + Hexa 2GHz Cortex-A55 CPUs) with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB UFS 2.2 storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- Dual SIM
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP portrait camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED Flash
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Dimensions: 163.8×75.04×7.99mm; Weight: 188g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh battery with 33W SuperVOOC fast charging
Pricing and availability
The OPPO A58 comes in tranquil sea blue, breeze purple and starry sky black colours is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 234 / Rs. 19,105 approx.) for the 8GB + 256GB version. The 6GB + 128GB and 8GB + 128GB models should arrive later. It is available to order in China and will roll out from November 10th.