OnePlus Pad Update Adds Cellular Data Sharing Multiscreen Connection
OnePlus has rolled out the latest OxygenOS 13.1 update to OnePlus Pad that adds Cellular Data Sharing and new multiscreen connection features to the OnePlus Pad, after these were announced at the launch in April.
The Cellular Data Sharing feature allows OnePlus Pad users to log in to the same account as their OnePlus smartphone and share mobile communication capabilities within a 10-metre distance.
This lets users surf the internet, answer calls, and send/receive text messages on their OnePlus Pad, leveraging the mobile data network of the OnePlus smartphone without the need to set up a mobile hotspot.
How to enable Cellular Data Sharing?
- Ensure that the OnePlus Pad and OnePlus smartphone are logged into the same OnePlus account.
- Turn on WLAN and Bluetooth on both devices.
- Activate Quick Connect and Auto Connect settings.
- Enable Mobile Data Sharing, Calling Sharing, and Messaging Sharing functions in the Multi-Screen Connect settings.
- Please disconnect the WLAN on the OnePlus Pad to experience cellular data sharing as it is not available when connected to WLAN.
Note: If you have two OnePlus Pads, only one can use the cellular data of the OnePlus smartphone.
In addition to Cellular Data Sharing, the latest OTA update also brings the Auto Connect and Relay Playing features.
The Auto Connect feature establishes an instant connection between the OnePlus Pad and a paired OnePlus smartphone when in proximity. By sharing the same account identification, users can enjoy cross-screen functions such as receiving notifications and sharing the clipboard for seamless information transfer between devices.
How to enable Auto Connect?
- Turn on Bluetooth, Quick Connect, and Auto Connect on both the smartphone and OnePlus Pad.
- Ensure that the smartphone and Pad are in proximity.
- Experience the convenience of automatic connection.
The Relay Playing feature enables users to switch between their OnePlus smartphone and OnePlus Pad effortlessly. This feature ensures a smooth transition between devices, allowing users to continue their tasks uninterrupted.
How to enable Relay Playing?
- Access the Multi-Screen Connect settings on both devices.
- Open an application that supports Relay Playing.
- A smartphone icon will appear on the OnePlus Pad’s dock bar for the same application. Click on the application to allow screencasting from the OnePlus smartphone.
These features on the OnePlus Pad will work with OnePlus smartphones running OxygenOS 13.1 that includes OnePlus 11, OnePlus 11R, OnePlus 10T, OnePlus 10Pro, OnePlus 10R, OnePlus 9RT, OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9Pro, OnePlus 9R, OnePlus 8, OnePlus 8Pro and OnePlus 8T.
The OnePlus Pad is priced starting at Rs. 37,999 and is available from Amazon.in, Flipkart, OnePlus online store and offline stores.