Nubia Z40S Pro With 6.67″ FHD+ 144Hz AMOLED Display Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 Up To 18GB RAM 1TB Storage Announced
ZTE’s nubia brand today announced the nubia Z40S Pro, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in China, as the successor to Z40 Pro. It has a 6.67-inch FHD+ 144Hz FHD+ AMOLED screen with 0.95mm side frame and the upper frame is 1.46mm. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SoC with up to 18GB of RAM.
There are triple rear cameras that includes a 64MP main camera with custom Sony IMX787 flagship sensor and offers 35mm equivalent portrait focal length. There is a 50MP 14mm ultrawide camera with macro option and an 8MP 125mm periscope camera.
It has 3062mm² of ultra-large VC, aerospace-grade micro-nano-cavity graphene phase change temperature chamber, and diamond thermal conductive gel form a double-enclosed structure, which quickly conducts heat in a very short period of time, and the total area of the heat dissipation system is as high as 38387mm².
The phone has an AG glass back, 5000mAh battery with 80W fast charging, and there is a smaller 4600mAh battery with 120W fast charging that can charge up to 100% in 19 minutes. There is also a physical alert slider that lets you launch the camera. It doesn’t have magnetic charging.
nubia Z40S Pro specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 20:9 aspect ratio flexible curved screen with 144Hz refresh rate, 480Hz touch sampling rate, 100% DCI-P3 color gamut, 10-bit color depth, up to 1000 nits brightness
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage, 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 1TB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 12 with MyOS 12
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 64MP primary camera with LED flash, f/1.6 aperture, Sony IMX787 sensor, OIS, 35mm lens, 50MP 116° ultrawide camera with Samsung JN1 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 8MP 125mm periscope telephoto lens with OIS, 9x Hybrid Zoom, f/ 3.4 aperture, Laser focus sensor, 8K video recording
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Dual smart PA, Stereo dual speakers, DTS: X Ultra
- Dimensions:161.27×73.95×8.05mm; Weight:205g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (Typical) battery with 80W fast charging / 4600mAh (Typical) battery with 120W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Nubia Z40S Pro 8GB+128GB costs 3399 yuan (US$ 503 / Rs. 40,230 approx.), 8GB+256GB is priced at 3699 yuan (US$ 547 / Rs. 43,790 approx.), 12GB+256GB costs 3999 yuan (US$ 591 / Rs. 47,345 approx.) and the 12GB+512GB version is priced at 4499 yuan (US$ 665 / Rs. 53,245 approx.).
The Z40S Pro 120W fast charging version 12GB+256GB costs 4299 yuan (US$ 636 / Rs. 50,880 approx.) and whopping 18GB+1TB version 6699 yuan (US$ 991 / Rs. 79,310 approx.). The Ling Cage anime Limited Edition 120W 12GB+256GB model costs, 4699 yuan (US$ 695 / Rs. 55,615 approx.).