Nothing Phone 2 6.7″ 1-120Hz LTPO AMOLED Display Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 launched India starting at Rs. 44,999
Nothing just launched the most expected Nothing Phone (2), the company’s second smartphone and the successor to Phone (1), as it had promised. The phone has a 6.7-inch FHD+ 1-120Hz LTPO OLED screen with up to 1600 nits peak brightness, is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 with up to 12GB of RAM.
It runs Android 13 with Nothing OS 2.0 on top that lets you customize grid design, widget size, and color themes, and has new folder layouts and illustrated covers. The company has promised 3 Android OS updates and 4 years of security patches every 2 months, same as the Phone (1).
The location of the LEDs for the glyph on the back are similar to the Phone (1), but in Phone (2) the centre part has 6 separations, and has 33 addressable LED lighting zones, compared to 12 in the Phone (1). The top right alone has 16 customizable lighting zones. There is a glyph composer for custom ringtone creation.
Use cases of Glyph LEDs in Nothing Phone (2)
- Volume indicator: The lights indicate as you increase or decrease the volume
- Timer: The lights adjust according to the countdown of the timer
- Uber and Zomato: The lights as a progress bar to indicate the time before the cab or food reaches you
- App notification: You can set an app to always show the LEDs when receive a notification
The Phone (2) has a gently curved pillowed glass back and new thinner midframe made of 100% recycled aluminium.
It has a dual 50MP sensors with Sony IMX890 sensor for the main camera and Samsung JN1 sensor for the ultra-wide camera which also lets you capture macro shots. You can also set Glyph Interface to full brightness and illuminate close-up subjects with a gentle light. There is also a new 32MP front camera.
The phone has a 4700mAh battery with support for 45W PD charging, which can charge up to 100% power in 55 minutes. It also has 15W wireless charging and 5W reverse wireless charging.
Nothing Phone (2) specifications
- 6.7-inch (2412×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 1-120Hz 10-bit LTPO display, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+, 10-bit colour, 1000 nits brightness; 1,600 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13 with Nothing OS 2.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with f/1.88 aperture, 1/1.56″ Sony IMX890 sensor, OIS, 50MP 114° ultra-wide camera with Samsung JN1 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 4cm macro option, 4K at up to 60 fps, Live HDR at 4K30 fps, Slo-mo (480 fps), Night Mode (1080p at 30 fps), Action Mode
- 32MP front camera with Sony IMX615 sensor f/2.4 aperture
- In-display optical fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 162.1x 76.4x 8.6mm; Weight: 201.2g
- Splash resistant (IP54)
- 5G SA/NSA (n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n25, n28, n30, n38, n40, n41, n66, n71, n75, n77, n78 bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4700mAh battery with support for 45W PPS, PD3.0 wired charging, 15W Qi wireless charging with dual charging support, 5W reverse charging
Availability and pricing
The Nothing Phone (2) comes in White and Dark Grey colours priced at Rs. 44,999 for the 8GB + 128GB, Rs. 49,999 for 12GB + 256GB model and the 12GB + 512GB model costs Rs. 54,999.
Those who had pre-ordered the phone will get discounts on ear stick and accessories. The Phone (2) Pre-order pass buyers in India will be able to choose their preferred variant and place their order from 11th July, 9 PM IST till 20th July, 11.59 PM IST via Flipkart. Pre-order pass buyers will also be able to buy the all new Ear (2) Black before anyone else for Rs. 8,999 starting 11th July, 9 PM IST.
- Special Offers: Limited period offer for Pre-order pass buyers include: Instant discount of Rs. 3000 on Axis and HDFC debit and credit card, Phone (2) Case at Rs. 499, Screen Protector at Rs. 399, Power (45W) Adaptor at Rs. 1,499, Ear (stick) at Rs. 4,250 and Ear (2) at Rs. 8,999. Offer valid until stocks last
- Accessories: Official Phone (2) Accessories include Phone (2) Case at Rs. 1,299, Screen Protector at Rs. 999, Power (45W) Adaptor at Rs. 2,499.
Phone (2) will go on open sale in India on Friday, 21 July 12 PM onwards via Flipkart and select retail outlets
Commenting on the launch, Carl Pei, CEO and Co-founder of Nothing, said:
With Phone (2), we deliver top-notch features while encouraging a more intentional smartphone usage through hardware and software design innovation. The smartphone is a vital tool in our lives, but it has increasingly become a distracting force, making us less present and less creative.