Nothing Phone 2 feature 6.7″ display get 3 years of Android updates and 4 years of security updates
As Nothing is gearing up to launch Nothing Phone (2) in July, now the company has confirmed that the phone will get 3 years of OS updates and 4 years of security updates, same as the Nothing Phone (1).
We’re committed to making beautiful products that you feel proud to own.
To sustain our efforts, we’ll continue to offer 3 years of Android updates and 4 years of security updates. So Phone (2) can go further with you.
— Nothing (@nothing) May 31, 2023
In addition, Nothing has announced that it has achieved a lower carbon footprint on a second-generation product. The Phone (2) has SGS
certified carbon footprint of 53.45kg, over 5 kg lower than Phone (1).
Even with the 200 mAh increase in battery, from 4500mAh to 4700mAh, and a screen that is 0.15″ bigger than Phone (1), this is a big achievement, said the company.
With this, the company has also confirmed 6.7-inch display for the Phone (2), compared to 6.55-inch in the Phone (1). Based on reports, it will have a 120Hz flat AMOLED panel.
The company also said that the Phone (2) has 3x more recycled or bio-based parts vs Phone (1).
Phone (2) sustainability process
- 100% recycled tin on 9 circuit boards
- 100% recycled copper foil on the main circuit board
- Over 90% recycled steel on all 28 steel stamping parts
- 80% of plastic parts sustainably sourced
- 100% recycled aluminium mid-frame made with 100% renewable energy.
- Final assembly plants are powered by 100% renewable energy
- The package is plastic-free, and the box uses mix certified with over 60% recycled fibre.