Nothing Phone 1 with 6.55″ FHD+ 120Hz OLED Display Snapdragon 778G+ Dual 50MP Cameras Launched in India Starting At An Introductory price of Rs. 31999
Nothing just launched the most expected Nothing Phone (1), the company’s first smartphone in an online event, as it had promised. The phone has a 6.55-inch FHD+ 120Hz flexible OLED screen, is powered by Snapdragon 778G+ with up to 12GB of RAM, runs Android 12 with Nothing OS on top, and the company has promised 3 Android OS updates and 4 years of security patches every 2 months.
You can control third party products from Phone (1)’s Quick Settings as easily as Nothing ones, starting with Tesla. You can unlock doors, turn on AC, see miles left and more. More third party brand integrations will be announced soon.
The main highlight of the phone is the Glyph Interface, with Unique light patterns made up of 900 LEDs to indicate who’s calling and signals app notifications, charging status and more. You can pair individual contacts to a ringtone, and each with a unique Glyph pattern. Flip to Glyph feature triggers silent, lights-only notifications by placing Phone (1) with the Glyph Interface face up.
The phone has an 100% recycled aluminium frame makes it light and robust, while over 50% of the phone’s plastic components are made with bio-based or post-consumer recycled materials – an industry-leading percentage, says the company. The phone features a transparent back with a unique design composed of over 400 components. It has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back.
It has a dual 50MP sensors with Sony IMX766 sensor for the main camera and Samsung JN1 sensor for the ultra-wide camera which also lets you capture macro shots. You can also set Glyph Interface to full brightness and illuminate close-up subjects with a gentle light.
The phone has a 4500mAh battery with support for 33W PD charging, which can charge up to 50% power in 30 minutes. It also has 15W wireless charging and 5W reverse wireless charging.
Nothing Phone (1) specifications
- 6.55-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 120Hz display, 240Hz touch sampling rate, HDR10+, 10-bit colour, 500 nits brightness; 1,200 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core (4 x 2.5GHz + 4 x 1.8GHz Kryo 670 CPUs) Snapdragon 778G+ 6nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 642L GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 3.1 storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 12 with Nothing OS
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with f/1.88 aperture, Sony IMX766 sensor, OIS, 50MP 114° ultra-wide camera with Samsung JN1 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 4cm macro option, 4K at up to 30 fps
- 16MP front camera with Sony IMX471 sensor f/2.25 aperture
- In-display optical fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 159.2 x 75.8 x 8.3mm; Weight: 193.5g
- Splash resistant (IP53)
- 5G SA/NSA (s n1, n3, n5, n7, n8, n20, n28, n38, n40, n41, n77,
n78 bands), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4500mAh battery with support for 33W PD3.0 wired charging, 15W Qi wireless charging with dual charging support, 5W reverse charging
Availability and pricing
The Nothing Phone (1) comes in White and Black colours priced at Rs. 32,999 for the 8GB + 128GB, Rs. 35,999 for 8GB + 256GB model and the 12GB + 256GB model costs Rs. 38,999.
Those who had pre-ordered the phone with an invitation can get the phone for Rs. 31,999, Rs. 34,999 and Rs. 37,999, respectively.
In India, Phone (1) will be available on Flipkart with the following offers for pre-order customers only
- HDFC Instant Discount: INR 2000 (this will be clubbed with 3 and 6 months Easy EMI). Applicable on Credit Cards (EMI and full swipe) and Debit Card (EMI)
- All other banks 3 months Easy EMI
- Exchange offer + bumped up exchange on select smartphones
- 45W PD charger at Rs. 1499 compared to Rs. 2499
- Nothing Ear (1) at Rs. 5999 compared to original price of Rs. 6999
The Nothing Phone (1) will go on sale in India for everyone at 7:00 PM IST on 21 July 2022 on Flipkart.