HMD Global just launched the Nokia G60 5G, the company’s latest 5G smartphone in India, after it was introduced in September. The company says that it is the most eco-friendly G-series device to date, as it’s sustainably crafted with 100% recycled polycarbonate back and 60% recycled polycarbonate frame.
With the ‘3-3-2’ promise – three years of OS upgrades and monthly security updates1, and a two-year warranty, it will help users keep their phone for longer, said the company.
The phone is also housed in new packaging that has an increased amount of recycled content and uses FSC-certified materials. If 1 million people held onto their Nokia G60 5G for an extra year, they would save the same CO2e as needed to power 5,652 homes for a whole year, says the company.
The Nokia G60 5G is powered by Snapdragon 695 SoC with support for 5G NSA architecture deployed by Indian telcos and also supports Jio True 5G SA network and has best mix of spectrum across 700 MHz & 3500 MHz and supports Carrier Aggregation for seamlessly combining multiple frequencies in a single robust “Data Highway” for unparalleled speeds.
It has a 50MP camera and features such as AI SuperPortrait, Dark Vision for taking photos in very challenging low light conditions, and Night Mode 2.0. For ultra-wide shots, Capture Fusion technology fuses together images taken by the main and ultra-wide cameras, to make sure you get the full picture in more detail. The phone comes with the GoPro Quik App preinstalled, so you can shoot, edit and share easily.
Nokia G60 5G specifications
- 6.58-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) V-notch Full HD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate, 400 nits (typ.) and 500 nits (peak) brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform (2.2GHz x 2+1.8GHz x 6 Kryo 560 CPUs) with Adreno 619L GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.2) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Android 12, 3 OS upgrades
- 50MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, 5MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.0 aperture, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture,
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 165.99 x 75.93 x 8.61mm; Weight: 190g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4500mAh battery with 20W fast charging, QC2.0, PD3.0 support
Pricing and availability
The Nokia G60 5G comes in Black and Ice colours, is priced at Rs. 29999 for a single 6GB + 128GB variant. Pre-booking on Nokia.com & leading retail outlets starts from today, 1st November and will be available till 7th November. Thereafter, the device will be launched across selected retail counters, Nokia.com and online portals from 8th November.
- Free Nokia Power Earbuds Lite worth Rs. 3,599
Commenting on the launch, Sanmeet Singh Kochhar, Vice President- India & MENA, HMD Global, said:
At HMD Global, home of Nokia phones, we are working hard on our business wide pledges which shows our commitment to work harder to protect tomorrow. Reducing environmental impact, and prioritising sustainability, Nokia G60 5G is built from a high percentage of recycled materials with the longest software support yet in the G-series.
It brings longevity promises to the many, not the few to help people keep their devices for longer which allows more customers access to 5G technology and the opportunity to future-proof their phones. We have designed a proposition that specifically helps consumers keep their phone for longer with our promises; 2-day battery, three years of monthly security updates and three versions of Android to ensure your device is up to date.