HMD Global has introduced Nokia 2780, the company’s latest budget 4G VoLTE feature phone, in the US. This has similar design as the 2660 Flip that was introduced back in July that includes a 2.7 inch QVGA display and a 1.77 external QQVGA screen, but this replaces the Unisoc T107 with a Qualcomm 215 Mobile Platform and runs KaiOS 3.1 instead of S30+ OS.
The phone comes with HAC (Hearing Aid Compatibility), big buttons, real-time text (RTT) that lets you send text messages to other people while on a call and the dedicated side button can be programmed to quickly dial a loved one in case of emergency.
The phone has a 1450mAh removable battery with up to 7 hours of active talk time and up to 18 hours of standby time.
Nokia 2780 Flip specifications
- 2.7-inch (320 x 240 pixels) QVGA display, 1.77″ 160 x 128 pixels) QQVGA secondary display
- 1.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 215 Mobile Platform with Adreno 308 GPU
- 4 GB RAM, 512MB internal storage, expandable memory up to 32GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- KaiOS 3.1
- Phone book supports up to 1,000 contacts
- 5 MP Main FF camera, LED flash
- 3.5 mm headphone jack, FM Radio, MP3 player
- Dimensions: 110.2×58×19.5mm;Weight: 131.2g
- 4G VoLTE, 802.11 b/g/n (2.4GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, HAC (Hearing Aid Compatibility), USB Type-C
- 1450mAh removable battery with talk time of up to 7 and 18 hours of standby time
Pricing and availability
The Nokia 2780 Flip comes in Blue and Red colours, is priced at $89.99 (Rs. 7,465 approx.) and will be available through AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile starting on November 15th.