Neumann.Berlin Launches Open Back NDH 30 Headphones in India
Today, the German company Neumann.Berlin announced the NDH 30 open-back headphones‘ introduction in India, following the success of the NDH 20, which won an award and was introduced in 2019. The MA-1 Automatic Monitor Alignment allows the NDH 30 to fully replicate the linear sound picture of a Neumann loudspeaker configuration in a compact format. Due to its frequency-selective absorbers, the NDH 30 has a response that is surprisingly even across the audio spectrum.
Large, smooth earpads offer long-term comfort. The NDH 30 folds for portability. The NDH 30 is a portable loudspeaker from Neumann’s KH line that can play full sound and mix. The NDH 30 is more than just an open-back variation of the closed-back NDH 20. The new acoustic system has optimized and perfectly placed dynamic drivers that can match the sound quality of planar magnetic transducers. The NDH 30 is especially recommended for making binaural mixes of immersive content, such as gaming and VR, because of its exceptional spatial resolution.
- Outstanding linearity and transient response
- High spatial resolution
- Sound and mix compatibility with KH-Line speakers
- High long-term comfort
- Internally balanced, cloth covered cable (detachable)
- Foldable for easy transport
Specifications: Neumann.Berlin NDH 30 headphones
- Frequency Range: 12 to 34,000 Hz
- Wearing style: Headband
- Foldable: Yes
- Ear coupling: Circumaural
- Acoustic principle: Dynamic open
- Transducer diameter: 38 mm
- Transducer magnet: Neodymium
- Transducer protection: Cloth covered grille
- Max input power handling: 1000 mW
- Cable entry: Single sided, right ear cup
- Connectivity: 3.5 mm (1/8″) TRS jack plug (straight), adapter for 6.3 mm (1/4″)
- Cable length: 3.0 m (10′)
- Detachable cable: Yes
- Replaceable earpads: Yes
- Colours – headband: RAL 9006 White Aluminium / RAL 7016 Anthracite Grey
- Colours – ear cups: RAL 9006 White Aluminium
- Materials – headband: Spring steel strip, aluminium and plastic fittings, plastic trimming
- Materials – ear cups: Aluminium
- Materials – ear pads: Cloth covered foam
Pricing and availability
The NDH 30 is priced at Rs. 52,900 and is available at any authorized Neumann partner store.
Commenting on the launch, Vipin Pungalia, Country Manager & Director, Professional Segment, Sennheiser Electronics India Pvt. Ltd said,
We wanted to create headphones that are totally reliable and gives you the confidence you need to make the right decisions. The NDH 30 will tell you exactly if your bass is too loud or your vocal needs de-essing. The spatial resolution, too, is outstanding because the drivers are made to extremely low tolerances. And because the NDH 30 comes with an internally balanced cable, which improves channel separation.
Speaking of the launch, Ralf Oehl, Neumann CEO, said,
Neumann is quickly becoming the global reference in high-quality monitoring. From Oscar-awarded blockbuster film scores to the most recent Grammy-winning ‘Best Immersive Audio Album’ – all mixed on Neumann monitors. Our customers have been assking for a similar reference when mixing for headphones. After all, headphones are becoming the dominant playback system among consumers – in particular for immersive sound. The NDH 30 is our answer to those demands.