motorola razr 40 6.9″ foldable 144Hz OLED display, 1.47″ OLED cover display announced
Along with the razr 40 Ultra, motorola also introduced the cheaper razr 40 model. It has the same 6.9-inch screen, but with 144Hz refresh rate, and the cover screen is also smaller at 1.4-inches. It gets a Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 SoC instead of Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 in the Ultra.
The hinge has undergone 400,000 opening and closing tests. The phone has a 7000-series aviation aluminum frame and Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection for the external display cover.
. This gets a bigger, 4200mAh battery with support for 33W TurboPower fast charging and also supports wireless charging.
motorola razr 40 specifications
- Internal – 6.9-inch (2640×1080 pixels) FlexView FHD+ pOLED display, 144Hz refresh rate, 10-bit HDR 10+, up to 1400 nits brightness
- External – 1.47″ (194×368 pixels) QuickView AMOLED display, 60Hz refresh rate, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection, up to 1000 nits brightness
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 7 Gen 1 (4nm) Mobile Platform with Adreno 644 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB LPDD4X RAM, 128GB / 256GB UFS 2.2 storage
- Android 13
- Dual SIM (eSIM + nano)
- 64MP main camera with 1.7 aperture, OIS, 13MP ultra-wide camera, macro option, f/2.2 aperture
- 32MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 170.82 (open) / 88.24 (closed) ×73.95×7.35mm (open) / 15.8mm (closed) Weight: 188.6g
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo Speakers
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP52)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6E 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4200mAh battery, 33W TurboPower fast charging, 5W wireless charging
Pricing and availability
The motorola razr 40 comes in Sage Green, Summer Lilac and Vanilla Cream
colours and is priced at 3999 yuan (US$ 562 / Rs. 46,340 approx.) for the 8GB + 128GB model, 4299 yuan (US$ 604 / Rs. 49,850 approx.) for the 8GB + 256GB model and the 12GB + 256GB model costs 4699 yuan (US$ 660 / Rs. 54,475 approx.). It will be available to order from June 18th and will go on sale in China from June 25th.
We should know the pricing in other countries later today at the global event. motorola India is also teasing the global launch event, so there are chances for the India launch in the future.