Motorola Edge 40 6.55″ 144Hz OLED Display Dimensity 8020 IP68 Ratings Announced
After rumours, motorola has officially announced the edge 40, the company’s latest smartphone in the edge series. It packs a 6.55-inch FHD+ pOLED curved screen with 144Hz refresh rate, is powered by Dimensity 8020, SoC with 8GB of RAM, and 256GB storage.
It has a 50MP main camera with OIS and 13-megapixel ultra-wide camera with macro option. There is a 32MP camera on the front. Thee phone has an ultra-thin metal middle frame, and the thickness of the phone is just 7.49mm.
The phone has a sandblasted aluminium frame, curved vegan leather matte acrylic back options and also has IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance. It packs a 4400mAh battery with 68W TurboPower fast charging, and also comes with 15W wireless charging.
motorola edge 40 specifications
- 6.55-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ 8-bit pOLED display with 144Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, Up to 1200 nits brightness
- Octa Core (4 x 2.6GHz A78+ 4 x 2GHz A55) Dimensity 8020 6nm processor with Mali-G77 MC9 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM, 256GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- 50MP main camera with f/1.4 aperture, Quad Pixel Technology, OIS, 13MP 120° ultra-wide autofocus camera, f/2.2 aperture, macro option, LED flash
- 32MP front camera with f/2.4 aperture, Quad Pixel Technology
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos, 3 microphones
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 158.43×71.99×7.58mm (Arcylic) / 7.49mm (Leather); Weight: 167g (Arcylic) / 171g (Leather)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4600mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging, 15W wireless charging, 5W reverse charging
Pricing and availability
The motorola edge 40 comes in Eclipse Black, Nebula Green and Lunar Blue colours and is priced at an MSRP of 599.99 euros (US$ 662 / Rs. 54,150 approx.).
The phone will go on sale across Europe in the coming days and will roll out to selected markets across the Middle East, Latin America and Asia-Pacific in the following weeks.