After rumours and teasers, motorola today confirmed that it will introduce the moto X40, the company’s next flagship smartphone, in China on December 15th. The company already confirmed Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC for the phone.
The invite shows the phone’s curved screen. Lenovo China GM Chen Jin recently confirmed IP68 ratings for the moto X40. He also teased AnTuTu Benchmark score of 1.31 million for the phone. The GM said it will be “SUV” of mobile phones. The phone recently got certified by TENAA revealing the complete specifications.
Renders of the moto X40 Pro surfaced last week, so there are chances it to be introduced alongside.
moto X40 rumoured specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 144Hz display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13 with MYUI 5.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera, 50MP ultra-wide camera, 12MP portrait camera
- front camera
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 161.3×73.9×8.5mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging
We should know the price of the phone when it goes official next week.