motorola just announced the moto X40, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in China, as it had promised. It has a 6.67-inch FHD+ 165Hz 10-bit OLED screen with SGS double eye protection certification, DC dimming and in-display fingerprint scanner. It is powered by Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with up to 12GB LPDDR5X RAM and up to 512GB UFS 4.0 storage.
The phone has three-dimensional cooling system 2.0 with 24868.28 mm² cooling area and 3002 mm² VC cooling area. The phone has a 50MP main camera, 50MP ultra-wide-angle camera with macro option, 12MP 2X portrait telephoto lens and a 60MP front camera. It has IP68 ratings for dust and water resistance.
The phone has an aviation aluminum middle frame and a matte glass back with Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection. It packs a 4600mAh battery with support for 125W wired fast charging that can charge up to 50% in 7 minutes. There is also 15W wireless charging and 15W reverse charging.
moto X40 specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ 10-bit OLED display, 165Hz refresh rate, DC dimming, Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB LPDDR5X RAM with 128GB / 256GB UFS 4.0 storage, 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB / 512GB UFS 4.0 storage
- Android 13 with MYUI 5.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera with 1/1.55″ sensor, OIS 50MP 117° ultra-wide autofocus camera, 2.5cm macro option, 12MP 2X portrait telephoto camera with IMX663 sensor
- 60MP front camera
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dimensions: 161.3×73.9×8.5mm; Weight: 1979g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.3, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 4600mAh battery, 125W TurboPower fast charging, 15W wireless charging, 15W reverse charging
Pricing and availability
The moto X40 comes in Smoky Black and Tourmaline Blue colours, is priced at 3399 yuan (US$ 487 / Rs. 40,360 approx.) for 8GB + 128GB, 3699 yuan (US$ 530 / Rs. 43,950 approx.) for 8GB + 256GB, 3999 yuan (US$ 573 / Rs. 47,500 approx.) for 12GB + 256GB and the top-end 12GB + 512GB model costs 4299 yuan (US$ 617 / Rs. 51,060 approx.) . It is now available to order and will go on sale in China from December 22nd.