Update: Detailed specifications of the moto X40 have surfaced on TENAA.
moto X40 rumoured specifications
- 6.67-inch (2400×1080 pixels) FHD+ OLED 144Hz display
- Octa Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno next-gen GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 18GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB / 512GB UFS 3.1 storage
- Android 13 with MYUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP main camera, 50MP ultra-wide camera, 12MP portrait camera
- USB Type-C Audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 161.3×73.9×8.5mm; Weight: 196g
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ax (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 5.2, GPS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh battery, 68W TurboPower fast charging
Earlier: motorola is gearing up to introduce the moto X40 (XT2301-5) as the successor to last year’s moto edge X30 in China soon. Now the image of the phone has surfaced in TENAA revealing a curved screen with a centre punch-hole, triple rear cameras in a matrix arrangement and a smooth finish in the back.
The moto X40 is said to feature a FHD+ OLED screen, 50-megapixel main camera, and support 68W charging. Similar to the X30, this is said to be one of the affordable Snapdragon 8 Gen2-powered phones when it comes in November or December.
The Snapdragon 8 Gen2 is said to feature 1+2+2+3 four-cluster architecture, compared to 1+3+4 tri-cluster architecture in the predecessor. Based on latest rumours, it will have 1 x Cortex-X3 core + 2 x Cortex-A715 cores, 2 x Cortex-A710 cores and 3 x Cortex-A510 cores.
Lenovo China GM Chen Jin also hinted at the moto X40, confirming the name and also said that the new flagship platform and LPDDR5X posts higher benchmark scores.
We should know more details about the moto X40 and other phones in the X40 series in the coming weeks.