Microsoft Surface Laptop Go 2 with 12.4 Inch Touchscreen 11th Gen Intel Core i5 Processor Announced
Microsoft has announced the Surface Laptop Go 2 as the successor to last year’s model. It features a 12.4-inch touchscreen PixelSense Display, comes with 10th Generation Intel Core i5 processor, up to 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM and up to 256GB of SSD storage. There is no 64GB eMMC version that was available with the Surface Laptop Go since it has been replaced by 128GB SSD model.
It has a large full-size keyboard with a large, precision trackpad that lets you navigate, scroll, and select with ease. The laptop retains the Fingerprint Power Button with Windows Hello and One Touch sign-in on select models, and promises up to 13.5 hours of battery life with Fast Charging.
Microsoft Surface Laptop Go 2 specifications
- 12.4-inch (1536 x 1024 pixels) PixelSense touchscreen display, 330 nits brightness
- 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor
- 4GB / 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB / 256GB SSD
- 720p HD f/2.0 aperture camera (front-facing) camera
- Omnisonic Speakers with Dolby Audio Premium; Dual far-field Studio Mics
- Windows 11 Home
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.1 LE
- Physical ports: 1 x USB-C, 1 x USB-A, 3.5 mm headphone jack, 1 x Surface Connect port
- One Touch sign in with Fingerprint Reader Power button (excluding i5/4/128)
- Sensors: Ambient light sensor
- Up to 13.5 hours of battery life with typical device usage
Pricing and availability
Microsoft Surface Laptop Go 2 comes in Sage, Ice Blue, Sandstone, and Platinum colours, starts at $599.99 (Rs. 46,538 approx.) for the 4GB RAM with 128GB version and $699.99 (Rs. 54,295 approx.) for the 8GB RAM with 128GB version. The 8GB RAM with 256GB version costs $799.99 (Rs. 62,045 approx.), which is actually $100 cheaper than the same version in the predecessor.
It is available for order and will ship starting from June 7th in several countries. We can expect the India launch in coming months since it is listed on the Microsoft India website.