Meta Rolls Out Paid Verification For Facebook And Instagram
Mark Zuckerberg announced Meta Verified, a subscription bundle to help up-and-coming creators grow their presence and build community faster. Earlier this year, Meta bundled Facebook and Instagram Settings.
A new subscription bundle, makes it easier for creators to establish a presence and build their communities on Instagram or Facebook. Creators have requested broader access to verification and account support, as well as more features to increase visibility and reach. We’ve been working on unlocking these features through a paid offering, Meta Verified.
What you get with Meta Verified:
- Verification – confirm your identity with a government ID.
- Protection – proactive monitoring of impersonators targeting growing audiences.
- Help – access to a real person for common account issues.
- Visibility – prominence in some areas of the platform, like search, comments, and recommendations.
- Features – exclusive ways to express yourself.
Meta has announced a series of checks before, during, and after someone applies:
- Applicants must meet certain criteria, including minimum activity requirements and being at least 18 years old, to be eligible.
- Submit a government ID matching the profile name and photo of the Facebook or Instagram account they’re applying for.
- Include proactive monitoring for account impersonation in subscriptions.
Meta announces Changes to Verification Requirements
Meta has announced changes to their verification requirements. Existing accounts that are already verified based on prior requirements, such as authenticity and notability, will remain unaffected. Long term, they are looking to build a subscription offering that will be valuable to everyone including creators, businesses, and their community.
As part of this goal, they are expanding access to verification and allowing more people to trust they are interacting with authentic accounts. What this means;
- Existing accounts with verified badges will remain unaffected.
- Meta is creating a new subscription offering that will benefit everyone.
- Verification access is being expanded to provide more trust.
Starting later this week, people in Australia and New Zealand can directly purchase a Meta Verified subscription through Instagram or Facebook. Meta has announced that Meta Verified, will soon be available to more countries.
- Web: US$11.99/ month (Rs. 990 approx.).
- iOS & Android: US$ 14.99/ month (Rs. 1,240 approx.).
Announcing the Meta Verified, Mark Zuckerberg, CEO, Meta, said
A subscription service that lets you verify your account with a government ID, get a blue badge, get extra impersonation protection against accounts claiming to be you, and get direct access to customer support. This new feature is about increasing authenticity and security across our services.
Amitabh Bachchan shares why he goes out to meet fans
Amitabh Bachchan shares why he goes out to meet fans bare feet every Sunday You go to the temple bare...
Sara Ali Khan Vicky Kaushal Express Gratitude At Siddhivinayak Temple
Sara Ali Khan and Vicky Kaushal express gratitude at Siddhivinayak temple amid Zara Hatke Zara Bachke’s success To express her...
Xiaomi 13 Ultra Global Launch Set Dor June 7 Announced
Xiaomi 13 Ultra global launch set for June 7 Announced Xiaomi introduced the Xiaomi 13 Ultra, the company’s latest flagship...
Cinematic Sci Fi Game Fort Solis is Coming to Steam on Mac
Cinematic Sci Fi Game Fort Solis is coming to Steam on Mac The highly anticipated cinematic sci-fi adventure game, Fort...
Xiaomi 12 Pro Redmi K50i And Redmi Note 12 5G Get A Permanent Price Cut in India
Xiaomi 12 Pro Redmi K50i And Redmi Note 12 5G Get A Permanent Price Cut in India Xiaomi has announced...
Apollo Launches India First 5G Connected Ambulance Service
Apollo launches India first 5G connected ambulance service Apollo Multispeciality Hospitals Kolkata has introduced the first-ever 5G-connected Ambulance service in...
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra Telephoto Camera Details
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra telephoto camera details Samsung used the 10 MP telephoto sensor with 3x lossless zoom on the...
Ather 450S 115KM Certified Range Announced
Ather 450S 115KM certified range announced As Fame II revision came into effect from June 1st that reduces the previous...
Xiaomi 13 Ultra Review
Xiaomi 13 Ultra Review The best phone of the year contender a major flaw Xiaomi 13 Ultra Review: The Xiaomi...
Infinix INBook X2 Price And Specifications
Infinix INBook X2 Slim launched starting Rs 27990 Infinix has launched INBook X2 Slim, the company’s latest laptop in India,...